Riding in the rain

wrillo

In case you guys that don't ride in the rain get stuck in the rain, the lines on the road get slippery when wet! It was kinda scary! I didn't know they were that slippery! Enough to move my tires around a bit!

Careful out there!

I don't mind the rain as long as I'm in the right gear...which really never happens :p I avoid it at all costs; if I'm out and it starts I head home or at least for dry land until it passes. It just takes all the fun out of riding :(

Don't forget about tar snakes... and if riding in the rain at night, potholes that you can't see right away. Be ready.

Man, you guys are all saying to watch out for the things that make riding exciting. You take all the fun out of it if you're not surprised once in awhile.

tar is even worse because it can extend more than the 4-5 foot painted lines!

US35 bypass around Xenia has some tar snakes that piss me off when I'm trying to switch lanes in the hot summer. I can feel the bike sink right into them and get slippery.

One time leaving work back in 2004 at 11pm it was sprinkling, thundering hard, and lightening very violently. I was on US35 going home because I lived in Jamestown at that time and the rain started pouring down coming towards me sideways blowing me all over the road. I was freaking because this area is known for tornado's around Xenia.

try riding in the mountains, with fog, in the rain, at night! Then throw in a couple of semi's that dont have their lights on. Mix that with following Mr.Earache, whos bike only goes 80mph no matter what the conditions are, and you will no longer fear death.

A friend and I, both new riders, took off last Wed. to Iron Pony in the drizzle. We were the only 2 bikes there! Yeah, it was wet and rainy, but we're bound to get caught out in it at some point, so why not get the experience right away! I hadn't been riding a week yet! I actually enjoyed the experience, other than the tar snakes on US62 between New Albany and Johnstown. Just have to slow down a bit, and be gentle with all your moves.

Does anybody use rain-x , or something similar on their helmet visor? The older beater helmet that I rode up there in, I had put rain-x on, the new one (that we rode up there to get) didn't need it, the rain flushed away pretty well on it's own. I just wonder if rain-x would help with bugs and all.

try riding in the mountains, with fog, in the rain, at night! Then throw in a couple of semi's that dont have their lights on. Mix that with following Mr.Earache, whos bike only goes 80mph no matter what the conditions are, and you will no longer fear death.

True story. Add getting lost to that mix.