Just another RX-7 Built-Coltboostin Style

coltboostin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so what rpm did you spin the motor to? And what's all done to the motor?

And got a pic of the Dyno graph

Lol what's up tire spin. Put 4-500 pounds in the back of the car and just make a normal pull without pedaling it up and down and get back to me.

Also I would like to see a detailed boost and hp graph from the Dyno.

And Jp don't think I'm trying to prove your stuff wrong. I just would like to see a good graph with detailed boost. I'm just curious why the torque is so much lower then the hp.

Luv U 2 Sammy :)

Trust me I get it-before I started on this I tried to get as much info as I could too!! My goal was as little torque as possible-so I know I was going to need more turbo than I could use so they could come on late, but not too late as to never see full boost. A pair of 6766's seemed to be the best fit- with people seeing full boost anywhere from 4400-4800rpm and Chad's turbo fit that mold about perfectly!

Here is one of the later pulls-14 deg timing and pretty think. He tweaked the fuel and threw another click or two of advance in it to get to 736, but boost was unchanged. (Sorry about it being sideways not sure how to change it)

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/LsxRx7/IMG_20150104_235029363.jpg

I am not sure if I can or Erik would be willing to post the log of the log that showed KPA-he is super finicky about it as he has had info.tunes stolen before. Again, not sure how HP tuners works int hat reguard, but I could ask him to do so. I may have it on a in car go-pro vid though

Motor is a 100% stock from GM 99 Camaro LS Juan. The Cam sensor is bad so I will have to remove the intake to replace it-and that will be the first time I have removed anything from this long block!

The bigger the turbo, the later the hit, the less torque you will have for a given HP number. Here are a few other LS based examples with a wholoota turbo

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h344/fbodyjunkie06/S484Tacoma_zpsd24602e3.jpg

From

Or this-

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/forced-induction/410350d1373952657-stock-bottom-end-lq9-930whp-17psi-91mm-garrett-930whp.jpg

From

(On lower boost this run)

And one Example of a turbo set up that would send a rod otu the block first pull. Similar power to whats above, just smaller turbine/ar that hits like a freight train.

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/rotary1307cc/media/162_zps18b4e8ec.png.html

• 2 months later...

Spring is here! So its back to work.

When I got the car, NO gauges worked. I now have Tach, Fuel level, Volts, Water temp, and oil pressure. The Speedo is a lost cause for now for several reasons. Also eliminated some plugs and loose ends from the OE harness I was not using-still needs a LOT of cleaning up wiring wise, but admittedly that's not my forte. Installed an AEM WB I had laying around-temporarily lassoed it to the boost gauge until I build a panel to move them down to the HVAC area.

I also wanted to tackle the exhaust. I had Idea from twin 3inch electric cut outs inch dumps to a single quiet 2.5, to IMSA style rear fender exits. But, I wanted to use as much of what I had as possible, but still be efficient for my long term goals, and keep it in the budget. Well, out came this.

Twin 3's into a full 4 inch flop a dop pipe.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/LsxRx7/IMG_20150322_214713620.jpg

(Mock up)

Total cost- $28. It fits ridiculously well, and the flex hose is not nearly as flexible as you may think, so it worked out absolutely perfect.

What I love about it,

1)Its 80% scrap-Only thing I purchase was the 4inch flex pipe, and a 4inch band clamp, and gas for the welder.

2) love the way it fits-nice and tight-

3) I can be off the car in 5 Minutes or less. I love having easy access to troubleshoot parts or quick fixes at the track. This will also allow me to take it off in segments on the dyno to see if its a restriction when I turn up the Jam.

Hopefully it sounds as good as other 4 inch systems I have done. Kind of an empty trashcan aggressive situation that would be augmented by the cam that's yet to go into the car.

Next-275 Micky T's for the 17s, tint, and good weather!

Happy with the final product and sound-and still in budget!!

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/LsxRx7/IMG_20150323_172233813.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/LsxRx7/IMG_20150323_172311932.jpg

Video. Dont mind the wiener extension, that will be trimmed and I will either add a simple turn down, tip....something.

http://s1003.photobucket.com/user/coltboostin/media/LsxRx7/VID_20150323_172556144.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

3) I can be off the car in 5 Minutes or less. I love having easy access to troubleshoot parts or quick fixes at the track. This will also allow me to take it off in segments on the dyno to see if its a restriction when I turn up the Jam.

By the looks of it , the coat hangers that you pulled out of your closet to use as exhaust hangers will automatically fall off in 5 minutes or less.

exhaust hangers will automatically fall off in 5 minutes or less.

Ha! The Hangers I used on the RX-7 Exhaust I built in 2007 held for 3 years of use, on 2 different cars, and are still welded to the pipe sitting in storage. I was going to use that section on this car, but I didn't think 3.5inch pipe would cut it for my power goals. :p

As well as Using the crossmember as a holder for the exhaust.

Its close, but its not physically touching the cross member. I had to run it over, as it would be way to low going under. I would have had to rebuild the cross member to make that work.

If shitty makes you proud, you have hit the mark. With work like that you shouldn't even make fun of D Wiggs and his shit.

Man, the hate!!!

There are a lot of things to consider with this build

1) Budget. I want to keep the total cost as close to or under 5k for the total build as possible, so this will work for now and only hit the budget $28. The car will eventually have a full aluminum exhaust, but that's down the road.

2) Time. I am a father of 1.5, and work 45-50 a week as a bank manager to support my stay at home Wife, and dead beat mother whom lives in one of my houses. I cant bang around the garage at night (attached garage) or it would wake up the kid, so my time to fabricate parts is very limited. My weekends are typically booked up as well, especially in the spring/summer with Iron Man training, and various local youth sports programs I run or am involved with. Long story long, I needed to keep this project a quick and easy as possible.

I am 100% sure I will build this-rock the pants off this for a a few years, and double my money whenever I end up selling it. :p

If shitty makes you proud, you ha

ve hit the mark. With work like that you shouldn't even make fun of D Wiggs and his shit.

This type of stuff awesome in my book. Takes me back when things were fun, and we had no money. Those were the best times.

What the fuck are you bringing to the table?

Not saying no money involved it's the principal.

Well by the looks of things, I'm hoping you exceeded your goals, and spent 15 minutes and $10 on this part of the project. If the rest of the car is up to the standards of the exhaust, and all of those people you mentioned in the previous post rely on your being alive and healthy, may I suggest that you either,

1) Never drive the car out on public roads ( for general safety of you , and the common people )

2) If you decide not to heed #1, I would highly suggest a life insurance policy, with those 1.5 people and whomever you decide to be benefactors. Then they also can benefit monetarily from your high set goals.

This type of stuff awesome in my book. Takes me back when things were fun, and we had no money. Those were the best times.

What the fuck are you bringing to the table?

Not saying no money involved it's the principal.

Awesome in the special Olympics kind of way, oh and by the way what the fuck I brought to the table was the First LS1 FC in the world, built before anyone period. not the first shitty exhaust ttls1 FC.

So I guess the question I have to ask now is What the fuck are you bringing to the table?

Oh yea, I forgot to add the first LS1 FD rx7 in the world, yea I built that one too, oh yea, first LS1 fdrx7 procharger car,

Second question is what the fuck do YOU have to bring to the table?

Awesome in the special Olympics kind of way, oh and by the way what the fuck I brought to the table was the First LS1 FC in the world, built before anyone period. not the first shitty exhaust ttls1 FC.

So I guess the question I have to ask now is What the fuck are you bringing to the table?

Oh yea, I forgot to add the first LS1 FD rx7 in the world, yea I built that one too, oh yea, first LS1 fdrx7 procharger car,

Oh fuck,

R.I.P. SHIEF

Who cares. I did a h22 swap in crx before anyone (even titan ms). With spray, never lost a race.

You're pop tart soft, and I'd gladly bolt my car back together to face YOUR car. Track or street. Runs 9.60s at the track last year. You own a car?

Who cares. I did a h22 swap in crx before anyone (even titan ms). With spray, never lost a race.

You're pop tart soft, and I'd gladly bolt my car back together to face YOUR car. Track or street. Runs 9.60s at the track last year. You own a car.

how much is it worth to you, how about $3000 . Got a little RX7 that will make you embarrassed to have that shit sticking out of your hood. let me know when you come up with the money, and zip tie your car back together.