2015 Mustang!!1!1

zeitgeist57

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having steel brakes helps a lot, carbon ceramics are spendy but that engine can't be cheap being what it is and the block is getting the same plasma treatment as the Trinity. I think Ford has every intent of under-cutting the Z28, I say just over $60k base, options take it as high as $70k.

Under 50 my ass! I was just looking at the new Mustangs, and all of them on the lot were 42k ish. No way a flat plane crank newly designed motor, magnetic ride, finally properly sized front and rear brakes, etc will only be a few grand more

It may be just over $50k but I don't think much over...

A fully optioned GT with everything this car would have has a MSRP of $43,600. Even comparing the old GT500 prices, it might push it in the mid-$50k's based on content but not much more.

+1

it will be north of $70k out the door. i can't envision it being any less than that. '13 shelbys were $70k with options. this car has a motor with R&D on par with the '13's. it has brakes/suspension/body work on par with the '13's. newer body style=more expensive. hell, new gt's are $45k.

it will be north of $75k. i could buy a car like that, but i feel there are better options out there.

I disagree....NO WAY will this car push $70k's+! It's a complete failure and waste if they even think about that kind of asking price because as you said...MUCH BETTER OPTIONS for that price.

I predict a mid 50s price on this, with options into the 60s. GT500 will still be released with a supercharger down the road...

+1 Agree...

Other than diff, trans coolers, etc. on performance pack and the tech package (Tech Pack brings power seat adjustment and leather upholstery, dual-zone automatic climate control, upgraded Shaker audio, and the eight-inch MyFord Touch infotainment screen.)

Not really room for an MSRP much higher...

If they we make a Hellcat for under $60k, why must this be $75k?

Because people will (foolishly) pay for it. For just a little more I will get the new z06. I cannot see it selling for less than $70k, with options--perhaps up to $75k. That's the reality. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm not in a position to buy a 2+2 car. I'm either hauling my kids, or want to beat the ever living piss out of a 2 seater by myself. My kids are struggling to fit in the gtr.

Because people will (foolishly) pay for it. For just a little more I will get the new z06. I cannot see it selling for less than $70k, with options--perhaps up to $75k. That's the reality. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'm not in a position to buy a 2+2 car. I'm either hauling my kids, or want to beat the ever living piss out of a 2 seater by myself. My kids are struggling to fit in the gtr.

Agreed. Last I heard Chevy sold out of the Z28 at 75k. Why would Ford be any different?

If they we make a Hellcat for under $60k, why must this be $75k?

Exactly!

The GT500 '13-14 MSRP was $54k! Performance pack was $3,500, Track Pack was $3,000 and RECARO's $1,600. Pretty much loaded it stickered for $65k and shopping around Invoice was $60k.

No chance this will cost more than a GT500!

Agreed. Last I heard Chevy sold out of the Z28 at 75k. Why would Ford be any different?

It wasn't sold out, just all orders were accounted for via dealers! Then they decided to build more than they initially said adding multiple model years now...

Boom $53k

http://horsepowerkings.com/ford-will-price-2016-gt350-52995-gt350r-model-way/

LOL at all the 75k estimates in here ;)

The "starting" price for my gt500 was $54k. I optioned it out to just under $70k. People paid $75k for them all day long We will see.

Hey, if I can get one optioned out for $56k I might bite. :lolguy:

I love spending less money just like everyone else. I just know what new specialty cars oftentimes cost

The "starting" price for my gt500 was $54k. I optioned it out to just under $70k. People paid $75k for them all day long We will see.

Hey, if I can get one optioned out for $56k I might bite. :lolguy:

I love spending less money just like everyone else. I just know what new specialty cars oftentimes cost

Right...the new Z06 is $78k base...

I'll happily shake the hand of someone who goes "all in" on a Z06 @ $78k out the door. :lol:

Sounds like a great deal on the GT350!

• 3 months later...
i would have the most confidence in the saleen but Ford Mustang Galpin Rocket is cranking out some 725hp, and Roush stage 3 is well over 600, getting to be a (wonderfully) crowded space.... ill be interested to see how all these mustang derivatives square off against the C7s...

I drove a GT track pack this past week. I'm extremely happy with the interior which I didn't think I would be. It's comfortable and gives you a sporty feeling that the Mustang never really achieved in the past.

That being said it doesn't feel like a Mustang. Take that as good or bad. It doesn't have that feeling from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd that you could potentially crash the car with a mistake. It's too civil. You can tell it's slower than the 14 too. Like a ride in Brian's Coyote car vs. a 2015 you would think that Brian's car has 100hp on it even though the 1/4 mile time is a nominal difference.

Aaron drove mine and said it feels way faster than his C5. I told him the same thing Mitch told me, that it's a "fly by the seat of your pants" speed over a controlled, civil speed.. I think of it as the magic that makes me love the car.

I haven't driven a '15 yet, but I imagine it would just feel like just a nice car moreso than a Mustang. Maybe when I'm older I'll appreciate something like that.

dem heated/cooled seats doe :(

I drove a GT track pack this past week. I'm extremely happy with the interior which I didn't think I would be. It's comfortable and gives you a sporty feeling that the Mustang never really achieved in the past.

That being said it doesn't feel like a Mustang. Take that as good or bad. It doesn't have that feeling from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd that you could potentially crash the car with a mistake. It's too civil. You can tell it's slower than the 14 too. Like a ride in Brian's Coyote car vs. a 2015 you would think that Brian's car has 100hp on it even though the 1/4 mile time is a nominal difference.

I'm crushing HARD on a Guard Green GT with track pack and premium package: $39,620...

Aaron drove mine and said it feels way faster than his C5. I told him the same thing Mitch told me, that it's a "fly by the seat of your pants" speed over a controlled, civil speed.. I think of it as the magic that makes me love the car.

I haven't driven a '15 yet, but I imagine it would just feel like just a nice car moreso than a Mustang. Maybe when I'm older I'll appreciate something like that.

dem heated/cooled seats doe :(

Your car was great to drive. It had a midrange punch that the LS1 can't match, and the specs show it has superior top end too, with slightly faster trap speeds vs the C5 FRCs.

I am absolutely in LOVE with the new Mustangs. It's georgeous, dat green, cooled seats, IRS, telescoping wheel, etc, its no longer relegated to "for a mustang" IMO. Its just a great car.

Yes it weighs a bit much, but this isn't a sports car, its a Muscle/GT type car.

My heart is ready to make a dumb decision, I'm just not sure my mind will let me sign on the 40k dotted line.

I'm crushing HARD on a Guard Green GT with track pack and premium package: $39,620...

People seem to either love Guard or hate it.

My feelings on the color should be pretty clear here in a couple weeks:

http://i.imgur.com/VRrrpgY.png?1