College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh btw, OSU finished the year beating 0 teams who finished ranked. Remember me telling everyone that Wisconsin would be a 3-4 loss team and finished unranked, I got grilled by certain posters on here for that.

I think it was a disappointing year, but it could be worse..at least we aren't Michigan fans :)

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

After tonight. I am totally fine seeing roby go. I can't think of one play that would have been a game changer or difference with him in. Braxton is being a pussy bitch. I'm tired of watching him wine. He doesn't get hit half as hard as Hyde or the receivers. He is not going anywhere this year.

I'm thinking - did Braxton hurt his shoulder on his TD run in first quarter when he collided with the DB in endzone?

He got hurt on the first big sack. That's when he started favoring his throwing arm

He got hurt on the first big sack. That's when he started favoring his throwing arm

And on the last big sack, the one where he fumbled, his right arm/shoulder got annihilated. Can't believe Meyer didn't make the call right-then-and-there to take him out for the rest of the game. I thought he was for-sure done for.

So now that's over, whats the recruiting trail look like? Anybody that can play right away, theres a ton of openings on the defense.

Secondary will be...

CB Doran Grant

FS Vonn Bell

SS Cam Burrows/Tyvis Powell

CB Armani Reeves/Cam Burrows/Eli Apple/Gareon Conley/Damon Webb

LB's will be some combination of Josh Perry, Curtis Grant, Mike Mitchell, Trey Johnson, Raekwon McMillan, Darron Lee, Sam Hubbard, Dante Booker.

DL is all back so that's good.

Only issue I am having post game is this damn hangover. Sucks to see them lose when they are up 29-20 then turn the ball over 4 times after that. Watched S(e)C this morning and relived a few of them. Urban said post game that OSU demands a top 10 defense year in year out and we/they didn't come close this year.

Holy fucking shit, that loss hurt. I'm sure that was a great game to a neutral observer, but as a Buckeye fan, what the fuck. Your star player is cringing in pain every time a defender breathes in his general direction? Take his ass out before he gets seriously injured, especially with the decent backup we have! And can we PLEASE mix up the run game a bit with Hyde, not everything needs to be a shotgun handoff up the middle. And while we're at it, why the fuck are we calling designed QB runs (up the middle too lololol)? Those plays are a fucking joke, the best QB runs aren't fucking designed, your QB needs to know when a play has broken down and there's a nice, safe hole to hit. Our entire defensive staff needs to be fucking fired. There is absolutely no excuse for a QB like Boyd running the ball 40 yards for a touchdown. A North Korean with down syndrome could have run that, where the fuck are the linebackers and safeties? And I joked earlier about screen, screen, screen, screen, screen, but fucking seriously, how many fucking years are going to go by before we learn how to stop a fucking screen? Giving up 2-4 yards for the tradeoff of laying a receiver out hard is fine, but every fucking screen resulting in a 15 yard prance down the sidelines untouched in fucking ridiculous.

Thanks to Sparty for saving us from getting absolutely murdered in the title game, though.

I hope Urban gets some heat for keeping him in. I don't care if you have Jesus on the field, if he's hurt, you need to get him out. Your players are not toys.

Also, how on earth was that last pick not reviewed? Interceptions not reviewable or something?

Only issue I am having post game is this damn hangover. Sucks to see them lose when they are up 29-20 then turn the ball over 4 times after that. Watched S(e)C this morning and relived a few of them. Urban said post game that OSU demands a top 10 defense year in year out and we/they didn't come close this year.

I'd like to watch ESPN et al but i always have mini-PTSD after loses and can't bring myself to watch for a few days.