College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Malik is saying he's going to sign with MSU with or without his parents. Should be an interesting announcement ceremony tomorrow morning.

Holding onto Jamarco was obviously priority #1 unless Malik was willing to play OL which I don't think he is. So I'm all for the most entertaining scenario now with regards to Malik.

He can't sign without his parents so good luck to him

Yeah, wrong word choice there. Under 21 = parent/guardian sign LOI. But he says he's going with/without them. I guess he can just stroll on over to East Lansing in June or whenever their freshmen will be enrolling and have a scholarship waiting IF MSU wants to do that. I don't think I've ever seen that happen though. Someone's going to cave.

A surprise commit may be happening. Apparently DL Darius Slade is going to visit OSU soon and will most likely end up in this class. That to me says McDowell is going elsewhere.

Doesn't have anything to do with McDowell although I don't think he's going to OSU. Slade was trying to get an OV set for this past weekend or the weekend before that (I forget) but couldn't get the logistics in order.

This is an LJ Sr. thing all the way though. Apparently Slade lives with Jared Odrick's dad in NJ. Odrick was a great DL for PSU under LJ Sr.

OSU now just waiting on LOI's from Jamarco Jones (whose mother tweeted pictures of him shoveling snow to get her car out - probably to go fax the LOI) and Kyle Berger who just tweeted he's having some technical difficulties (probably the snow as well). Funny those two will also be roommates at OSU.

Lot of people down talking Slade, saying he has commitment issues (we are the 3rd school he has committed too). It'll be interesting to see who is still here from this class in 3 years. I look for a lot of attrition under Urban once he starts getting his guys in here. Not that it's a bad thing, I just think a lot of positions will be log jammed with talent.

Apparently Malik McDowell's recruitment isn't over with. Mama really doesn't want him going to Michigan State, so much she has refused to sign his letter of intent which is required for anyone under 21

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/five-star-recruit-malik-mcdowell-picks-michigan-state-020514

Apparently Malik McDowell's recruitment isn't over with. Mama really doesn't want him going to Michigan State, so much she has refused to sign his letter of intent which is required for anyone under 21

http://msn.foxsports.com/detroit/story/five-star-recruit-malik-mcdowell-picks-michigan-state-020514

Also read this in regards to the situation:

"Malik is 100% going to MSU. Him and his dad have said as much. However, both of them are still waiting to try and get mom's blessing before faxing it in. The father will sign it alone if need be, but they'd rather mend the bridge with his mother first. Whether that happens who knows.

It appears last night when Malik told his parents about him choosing MSU, his mother threw him out of the house. Today at the ceremony, he was wearing a track suit where everyone else was wearing a shirt and tie. He didn't have access to his house, he had to stay the night with his dad. His parents aren't together if you didn't know that, btw.

He seemed flustered and embarrassed--like has hasn't slept in days at the ceremony today"

Definitely heard about him being kicked out of the house. Have also read that his father isn't his legal guardian so the LOI has to be signed by mom if they want to send it in. Of course it never HAS to be signed if he really wants to go to MSU that badly.

It's a sad situation at this point. I was all for some drama/entertainment on signing day but now I just hope they can get shit sorted out.

Also, Bucknuts is on thin ice after their incredibly bogus rumor yesterday about Vrabel and Urban going at it between the Michigan and MSU games. Went so far as to say that Vrabel may have pinned Urban up against a wall with his hands/arm on his neck...lol. How fucking dumb are those people?

And with the double posting bug returning someone can feel free to make the next iteration of this thread if they please. Should be pretty quiet for the next month or so with nothing but 2015 recruiting news really to talk about but spring practice next month will be interesting.

And a new update in the Malik saga, Allen Trieu of Scout (covers the whole midwest but started covering mostly just Michigan) says NEITHER parent has signed anything, father has just been more "diplomatic" with the press stuff. Family will sit down this weekend to try and settle things but it looks like neither is on board with him going to MSU and OSU seems to be the compromise school and he could absolutely end up at OSU...

Not sure I'd take a kid who so strongly wants to be elsewhere but we'll see what happens.

Not sure I'd take a kid who so strongly wants to be elsewhere but we'll see what happens.

agreed, it seems he made it clear he didn't want OSU. He might be more trouble than he's worth. I'd give him prefered walk-on status at this point and make him work for his scholarship.