what router?

xlr8tn

I bought this more than a year ago and it still works great. I have thick block walls and some rooms get poor reception with some cheaper routers I've tried. This one works perfect. Basement, every room, and outside my house almost all of my property has a signal. It has a nice NAT Firewall and application specific port triggering.

http://www.trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=165_TEW-639GR

These:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/373769/DIR-615_Wireless_N300_Router_-_Refurbished

Can be flashed with DD-WRT and it turns it into a pretty robust box for $20.

agreed...

worst case, just go into MicroCenter and you'll walk out with a nice router for cheap.

I would avoid this like the plague

whatever you do, do not buy that 15$ tenda router from microcenter.

What makes you say that? Any first hand experience with this router? It's an inexpensive router that's been reliable for me. Streams 1080p video just fine. No issues with XBL or Steam multiplayer either. Signal strength isn't exceptional, but I've got 5 bars on my laptop, and 3 on my smartphone from all the way across a block ranch-style house.

If you're looking for a no-frills cheap router, this Tenda gets my vote. I bought it to replace an expensive Asus router that died prematurely, which itself replaced an expensive Linksys that was dying slowly.

I initially purchased it last October, to get me by until I could buy a nicer model during BF sales. It worked so (surprisingly) well that I haven't had a need to shop for a replacement.