Can you believe the Browns...L@@K

Mace1647545504

Rob Chudzinski will be fired by Browns after 1 season, according to report

Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski will be fired this week, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports is reporting a different timeline, indicating Chudzinski has not been fired at this time, but not indicating whether firing the coach is in the team's plans. LaCanfora indicates that other organizational changes could be made.

After beating the Browns on Sunday, the Steelers await the outcome of Chargers-Chiefs to learn their postseason fate.

Chudzinski was hired prior to the start of the season by first-year general manager Michael Lombardi, who brought in the former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator to revitalize the team's passing offense, much as he did with Cam Newton.

Quarterback struggles sunk the Browns' season, with Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell all starting games at quarterback for Cleveland without success. The team lost 10 of its final 11 games following a promising start to the season.

There is no indication at this time who the team could look at to replace Chudzinski, and it's unclear when the organization will make an announcement on the head coach's future

The Browns' offense improved from 25th in the league in yards to 15th, but struggled to score -- adding one point per game and finishing 26th in points scored.

Wide receiver Josh Gordon was the catalyst for the improvement in yards, but the team lacked a balanced attack without a signature running back after the team traded Trent Richardson early in the season. Cleveland took a step back defensively too, allowing 2.7 points more than 2012.

Cleveland finished with a 4-12 record, the Browns' sixth straight season under .500.

Even as a Bengals fan I truly feel bad for the fans of the Browns. So loyal and such a constant revolving door of an organization. They really need to give people more of a shot.

This. My dad is a die hard, and it's just depressing to see him go through this with this shitty organization.

Glad I am a Bengals fan and don't have to contemplate jumping ship on a franchise that constantly disappoints.

Wait I was, but the Bengals turned it around (only until they win a playoff game).

Hey, at least Cleveland hasn't started legal proceedings to sue the organization for not fielding a competitive team like Cinci did a few years ago!

As a die hard Steelers fan, I am truly saddened by how awful the team has become over the years. The rivalry between Cleveland and Pittsburgh used to be arguably the best in sports and over the past decade has been beyond a let down.

I hope they can pull it together like Cinci did and become respectable. I don't mind the 2 free wins every year but come on...it can only last so long!

-Marc

Haslam comes in and drops the hammer on Holmgren, which killed me, and fires Shurmur who had the team playing tough. They bring in "the golden boy" in Chud and then Haslam fires him after one year and 3 different QB's, with only one who looked semi promising. Talk about a shit deal. I don't care who the coach was, they wouldn't have won with Weeden or Cambbell.

I'm sure Haslam will make sure not to re-sign Mack, Ward, or anyone else who might be decent. They will probably trade Josh Gordon since he had a decent year. It's sad. He claims it for the fans, but at the end of the day it isn't.

Haslam comes in and drops the hammer on Holmgren, which killed me, and fires Shurmur who had the team playing tough. They bring in "the golden boy" in Chud and then Haslam fires him after one year and 3 different QB's, with only one who looked semi promising. Talk about a shit deal. I don't care who the coach was, they wouldn't have won with Weeden or Cambbell.

I'm sure Haslam will make sure not to re-sign Mack, Ward, or anyone else who might be decent. They will probably trade Josh Gordon since he had a decent year. It's sad. He claims it for the fans, but at the end of the day it isn't.

Chud wasn't a golden boy, he was "Oh we can't have Chip Kelly? Fuck. Who else can we get?"

Only reason he was fired is because Haslam thinks there's going to be someone better available. Browns fans better hope he's not thinking Schiano.

Hey, at least Cleveland hasn't started legal proceedings to sue the organization for not fielding a competitive team like Cinci did a few years ago!

As a die hard Steelers fan, I am truly saddened by how awful the team has become over the years. The rivalry between Cleveland and Pittsburgh used to be arguably the best in sports and over the past decade has been beyond a let down.

I hope they can pull it together like Cinci did and become respectable. I don't mind the 2 free wins every year but come on...it can only last so long!

-Marc

Being a life long browns fan the rivalry between the 2 was one I used to hate and love at the same time.

Sadly now I can't even stand to watch them play anyone.

Watched ESPN this morning while they were going over all the coaches getting let go. They talked about Rob being let go because he was never the coach they really wanted and didnt want him helping with all the draft choices if he wasnt going to be around long.

What a disaster of a franchise. They are approaching Raider status, and that's saying a lot.

Maybe they'll move the franchise to Columbus. Hey, it's not possible to suck any less at this point. And moving them again would be just what all the nihilistic, masochistic fans in Cleveland need.

As a rehabilitated Browns fan I can only think of one possible scenario here: The Major League plan. Their idea is that they can somehow reenact the movie Major League in real life to bring success.

That’s the only thing that seems to make sense of this plan, either that or their GM is high as fuck on some good meth…

^this. it's surely an owner/money issue, hell the Browns hired Bill Belichick back in 1991 and fired him in 1995, look at him now

Don't forget that Nick Saban was the D-coordinator from 91-94 in that system too.

How the hell did they NOT win? Oh right Bernie "Funk as Druck" Kosar and Vinny Testaverde.