**CANCELED**CR GPindoor Go Kart track day Jan 31

Mojoe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please understand how upset they are. I have had a couple calls from them now expressing their frustration with the situation. I know we are disappointed too, but I think they might feel worse than any of us.

I'm sure it will all be worth is.

I don't know any of the people there. But, I can say this after being there a few times, they really want this done as bad as we do. The let down in their voice today was pretty rough. It's not just us, they are not doing any events until they open. Once they are open. I get the feeling they will be calling me to reschedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us first dibs.
  • Upvote 1

Wow, government impeding the ability of individuals to conduct business, shocking.....

I've seen a few new small business lately that have had late openings due to 'permits'. Either the city is slow and/or they just didn't make a correct plan considering the amount of time it takes to get all of the necessary permits. I'm leaning towards the second because it always seems that even though they are waiting for a permit, they inside of the place is still under construction and there is no way they could open fully. The city permit is an easy scapegoat.

One a secondary note, some permits needed (to check the safety of the place) is a GOOD thing. Especially in a place that safety should be a paramount concern, like this.

Maybe this is all just the pessimist in me. :)

I've seen a few new small business lately that have had late openings due to 'permits'. Either the city is slow and/or they just didn't make a correct plan considering the amount of time it takes to get all of the necessary permits. I'm leaning towards the second because it always seems that even though they are waiting for a permit, they inside of the place is still under construction and there is no way they could open fully. The city permit is an easy scapegoat.

One a secondary note, some permits needed (to check the safety of the place) is a GOOD thing. Especially in a place that safety should be a paramount concern, like this.

Maybe this is all just the pessimist in me. :)

I deal with federal, state, and local governments on a daily basis with my job. You can plan all you want, follow the rules, and consider the amount of time it takes, but you will be wasting your time.

We are actually shocked when we run into a government office that actually works in a timely way.

After starting my own business and jumping through all the hoops and dealing with all the bullshit I have learned to hate how bloated and bureaucratic the state of Ohio really is.

I deal with federal, state, and local governments on a daily basis with my job. You can plan all you want, follow the rules, and consider the amount of time it takes, but you will be wasting your time.

We are actually shocked when we run into a government office that actually works in a timely way.

After starting my own business and jumping through all the hoops and dealing with all the bullshit I have learned to hate how bloated and bureaucratic the state of Ohio really is.

I can definitely see all of that happening too, and believe you 100%. I guess I don't see it as a problem with the permits, but the process and the people running it. Maybe they go hand in hand? Maybe this is now the optimist in me, but I envision a system that is both fair and equitable, without too much red tape and efficient. Maybe that's not optimistic,but just foolish. :lolguy:

I can definitely see all of that happening too, and believe you 100%. I guess I don't see it as a problem with the permits, but the process and the people running it. Maybe they go hand in hand? Maybe this is now the optimist in me, but I envision a system that is both fair and equitable, without too much red tape and efficient. Maybe that's not optimistic,but just foolish. :lolguy:

Oh, I agree with you, there should be permits to prevent bad things from happening.

The proccess and the people are the problem. You can be an optimist all you want but the system you envision is a far cry from the sytems that are in place.

Dammit. What am I supposed to do, now? Stay at home all night with my g/f?

SICC had a kart day two weekends ago and that got cancelled, too. (FYI, they were also given a lower rate in the low 40 dollar range. I forget the exact amount off-hand.) Anyway, I was still holding out for this one. Doh... sadface

Oh well, thanks for setting it all up. Too bad it didn't work out. Looking forward to the next opportunity.