Your Opinion Wanted - Choosing an AR15 for 2-3K

Diamonds

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason it needs to be so uber expensive? What are you accomplishing at $2k+ that you can't get at $1100 and maybe less? Understanding what you plan to do with it can help get you behind the right gun.

Just attempting to go up a level. I'm selling my Daniel.

Same as I use all my guns for; going to the range and having fun!

Suggestion, and if I'm off base or topic, just say so and I'll delete my posts. Master what you have. It sounds like it's above average quality and very capable. Get in some of the courses that teach the AR and what it can do.

If it's name trophy's in a build you are after, so be it.

I'm an FN fanboy and have both fde 16 and 17. Mag choice is limited to factory or Emags unless you modify existing pmags. Recipricating charging handle can be a pain depending on your forward hands grip. Ambi controls are pretty much standard for everything in your price range. Trigger assembly is very simple. Even if you choose another platform I'd reccomend shooting one before you say no to it.

Suggestion, and if I'm off base or topic, just say so and I'll delete my posts. Master what you have. It sounds like it's above average quality and very capable. Get in some of the courses that teach the AR and what it can do.

That's exactly what I would do. I have multiple $1000 AR15s and I've yet to master any of them. If you want, I'll sell you one for $3000. Let me know.

I don't think you are off base. I appreciate the suggestion. Though, that's not the route im going to head at this point in time. Thank you regardless.

That's exactly what I would do. I have multiple $1000 AR15s and I've yet to master any of them. If you want, I'll sell you one for $3000. Let me know.

See, that's what I am trying to get away from. I've sold all my franken-builds except for two (assuming that you are talking about the ones you built).

Yup same here I'd build 3-4 more ARs before I bought one for 3k, Bob have you looked into LWRC and are you looking for 5.56 or 7.62 and DI or gas piston

556, and I'd like to try piston. But not married to the idea. I have heard the HK piston system is really nice (from a non-fanboy if you can believe that).

Suggestion, Master what you have.

Joe,

I am interested in knowing what you would suggest it takes to master then gun you have.

I am capable of putting double taps within 1 inch of eachother at 10yards. I am capable of reaching out to 300yards on a 12x12 steel plate with my Aimpoint PRO. I feel like I can control the gun well and reload quickly. I am always looking to up my ROF (thinking about the Geissele SD3g trigger).

For what I do with my guns (go to briar rabbit and plink), I don't know what else I should be getting better at. Suggestions would be great!

For that kind of money I'd go with something not 5.56. Either move to a big round in the ar15 platform or go ar10 and .308

I have 3 308 guns that I enjoy (Ar10, R700, and an HK91). If I were to do anything I would "level up" on my AR10 (like I want to do with my Daniel defense ar15).

Truth be told, the only 308 gun I shoot anymore is the r700.

I guess I could care less on money spent...

SO if it was me, I am a Noveske fan boi - I like their stuff.

I modeled my build (being a cheapo) after their infidel rifle...It should be back from coating any day now.

But will look like this less the optic, i got and aimpoint pro and unitl I can one, a KX5...

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/products/STCK5768_A_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1387205936

The rancher is pretty cool

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/products/TR_GUN_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1382382472

In general I really like their brand.

These guns are really like cars, some people want to buy vettes, others want to buy a camaro and dump $ into them...to each thier own who cares.

My next build will be a matched billet set up, only for the "it" factor...no fucks.

Reason it needs to be so uber expensive? What are you accomplishing at $2k+ that you can't get at $1100 and maybe less? Understanding what you plan to do with it can help get you behind the right gun.

My thoughts exactly. Pick a purpose, and then build/buy to suit that purpose.

If all you're doing is shooting paper @ 50yd., then buying a high end stick for no other reason than to buy one is kinda odd.

I wanted to get opinions on a good 2K-3k ar15.

Currently Considering:

LARUE OBR

LARUE Predatar

HK MR556

Noveske of some sort

And, a wildcard. FN Scar

Thanks for your opinions. please feel free to toss out others!

I'd get the SCAR but that's just because AR15 rifles are not very interesting to me.

Brandon, did you get the Gen3 upper??? it is slick. Im into it!

I did not...To poor atm to justify having one so to speak. Just got a PSA lower with magpul stock and grip (identical) a Daniel Defense upper - gas system and a DD barrel and NSR rail. The goal was to make it look like a clone yet be slightly more affordable with out getting just crap parts.

(this is the upper though it has a 15" NSR rail on it, and 16" barrel currently, until I can lay my hands on the KX5 hider and then I will have the barrel cut down and pinned to 13.7") http://www.pkfirearms.com/select_options/new/2497

Although now that I have a gun to play with, I will slowly hunt down the parts needed to make a "real deal" ... and a stamp to build a "johnny" rifle. Thing is slick, love the foliage color and build of that gun, and I think I can build a clone for fairly cheaper then buying it complete. Who knows, thats a wee bit off - 6 months.