Where should I get married locally?

Bam

If you're shooting for a warm-weather month, North Bank Park is a very nice venue. Shelter house for festivities, beautiful vista of downtown Columbus.

Not sure how riverfront is looking now that they demolished the dams and lowered the level, but I've seen a couple weddings there and it looked like a great place.

An old-school place downtown was the Athaenum (spelling?) We looked at that for our wedding as well.

If you are on the East side, Creekside in Gahanna was amazing and very cost friendly. Feel free to ask for Rebecca and tell her the Turbitt's sent ya and she will take good care of you.

As thier photographer- I second this. I really enjoyed the venue. It's very pretty a the real question is what is your budget and what do you want out of your venue? All inclusive? Rustic? Modern? Traditional?

We do a ton of wedding cake deliveries to creekside. Must be a very popular place. Never seen it myslf but my wife says they have a nice location.

Its lovely. A little modern with a traditional flair. Lots of windows. I liked it.

Plus outside you have fountains, and bridges and rocks for photos. Its just a nice place.

When I posted this thread a few months ago, a lot of people said Tall Timbers. We ended up booking our wedding there for free. It is in Reynoldsburg, and so far it's been great. We have everything picked out, just a matter of having the actual wedding now.

Here is the website: http://talltimbersonline.com/

We were originally booking for 85 people, but we are up to 120 (surprise)

+1 for North Bank Park

i got married there 3 years ago, and it was great

lots of cityscape, the river, arena area has some decent photo spots.

you can cater however you want. pay for normal stuff like alcohol license and bartender.

it can get expensive, but what place can't?

When I posted this thread a few months ago, a lot of people said Tall Timbers. We ended up booking our wedding there for free. It is in Reynoldsburg, and so far it's been great. We have everything picked out, just a matter of having the actual wedding now.

Here is the website: http://talltimbersonline.com/

We were originally booking for 85 people, but we are up to 120 (surprise)

We're looking at Tall Timbers. How did you get it for free???

If you are on the East side, Creekside in Gahanna was amazing and very cost friendly. Feel free to ask for Rebecca and tell her the Turbitt's sent ya and she will take good care of you.

I thought the Gahanna Creekside was more of an area than a specific company. Do you have more information? Google yielded a dead website.

We're looking at Tall Timbers. How did you get it for free???

Dude, I truly have no idea why I typed that. I was at work when I did and I think someone was talking to me.

It certainly wasn't free, but it's REALLY reasonable for everything you get. Sorry for getting your hopes up, haha. I wish that bitch was free.

If you're shooting for a warm-weather month, North Bank Park is a very nice venue. Shelter house for festivities, beautiful vista of downtown Columbus.

Not sure how riverfront is looking now that they demolished the dams and lowered the level, but I've seen a couple weddings there and it looked like a great place.

An old-school place downtown was the Athaenum (spelling?) We looked at that for our wedding as well.

This place is great however they book VERY far in advance, I would honestly not be surprised if they are booked through the end of 2014 already but it wouldn't hurt to try. I do side work for a catering company so i have been to some venues. If you are looking for cheap White Star on the south end of town is nice as long as you are going for a 'rustic' theme (country, etc...).

http://www.windinghollow.com/ Golf and events

Had our wedding there at the end of 2011 was awesome, staff was great, food was amazing, and place was big enough for a large crowd but wouldn't be too big for 75 cant say bad thing about our experience.

Had my reception at the same place 14 years ago, quality hasn't changed. A very nice place, though I doubt it's cheap.