Ohio Amends Deer Hunting Regulation Proposals

KillJoy

Why? Serious not smart ass question.

Because of exetremely high population densities. In other states that allow rifle hunting, certain counties are atill shotgun only. Its actually standard practice most areas.

Remember too, there arent large unimcorp areas in those counties, so then you are going to have high density population along with hunters squeezing into a smaller space.

Because of exetremely high population densities. In other states that allow rifle hunting, certain counties are atill shotgun only. Its actually standard practice most areas.

Remember too, there arent large unimcorp areas in those counties, so then you are going to have high density population along with hunters squeezing into a smaller space.

Where in Franklin county can anyone even hunt with a shotgun? I didn't know that was allowed anywhere in the county.

Where in Franklin county can anyone even hunt with a shotgun? I didn't know that was allowed anywhere in the county.

Some of the unincorporated parts in the southern portion of the county. I think there are areas in the western portion as well.

I'm not a fan of the proposal. It may be just enough to keep me out of the woods altogether during gun season. I'll just focus on bow and the early muzzle loader. I know the ballistics shows that muzzle loaders travel as far or further than the pistol loads but with a muzzle loader you have 1 shot so people tend to not shoot at running deer or do other stupid shit that'll get someone else killed where as these guns will be allowed 3 just like the shotguns so you know you're gonna have running shots. If I were on private land it wouldn't be a big deal but I hunt public and I won't feel safe so it might be best to sit it out altogether.

I'm not a fan of the proposal. It may be just enough to keep me out of the woods altogether during gun season. I'll just focus on bow and the early muzzle loader. I know the ballistics shows that muzzle loaders travel as far or further than the pistol loads but with a muzzle loader you have 1 shot so people tend to not shoot at running deer or do other stupid shit that'll get someone else killed where as these guns will be allowed 3 just like the shotguns so you know you're gonna have running shots. If I were on private land it wouldn't be a big deal but I hunt public and I won't feel safe so it might be best to sit it out altogether.

I sit out the gun seasons most years. Id usually just go out saturday on Bonus weekend. Less morons

I sit out the gun seasons most years. Id usually just go out saturday on Bonus weekend. Less morons

the majority of the hunters out there are decent hunters I believe. It only takes 1 moron to kill you though. This past season I went out Saturday morning with my son working on getting him his first deer. We were in a tad bit late and it was breaking daylight about the time we got sat down good. I swear it was less than 30 minutes later some goof dick comes walking by and walks up to us to let us know they were driving then we hear WW3 break out a ridge over from us. I can understand driving if you want to do it in the afternoons or something but right after legal shooting time? Actually....I don't understand driving at all. It's the lowest form of hunter in my opinion but it's legal so there's nothing I can do about it. It should be outlawed but would be impossible to police except in certain situations.