Boat Project

Linn1647545492

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alum?? Saturday??

I'll take my one and only opportunity to come around you while you're tuning it... :cool:

-Marc

We, it's alive!!! As always with my build I feel like I take one step forward only to take two steps back. I spent 5 hours on Saturday trying to figure out a wiring issues with the MSD ignition only to realize, I still had the factory key on and tach wire on the coil and the MSD wires.

Once that was figured out, I was able to get the boat started and timing set. Take the boat to the lake, idle out, check the oil and it's milky. I had water seep up on the heads from the intake manifold during initial startup tightened the bolts and it went away on the top side but, now it's leaking into the oil. So I spent all Sunday changing the oil and will change it a few more times tonight. This has been my luck with this entire project.

Note to self, don't buy used parts

First fire

• 2 weeks later...
Note to self, don't buy used

I learned the hard way on this one too when I built my stroker for my Formula.

Nice to see it running. As you know with all projects, it always takes some time and things rarely go as planned the first time. Be patient with her and it will pay off!

Has it gone back in the water yet?

Motor sounds good, see you out there! I thought that was you I passed last week heading into the cove but no wave back. I don't know what it is but every Check I've passed / waved at, no response. They must all know me...lol.

LOL, I wave at everyone. People make fun of me for it but I don't care :lolguy: I didn't make it out to the cove, maybe another pink and blue Check or maybe I was not paying attention because I was worried about water in the oil.

Motor sounds good, see you out there! I thought that was you I passed last week heading into the cove but no wave back. I don't know what it is but every Check I've passed / waved at, no response. They must all know me...lol.

Do you have the yellow and black Checkmate? If so, good looking boat!

I hope to be out on Alum this weekend...I'll look for you guys. I'll be in the Nordic. :cool:

-Marc

LOL, I wave at everyone. People make fun of me for it but I don't care :lolguy: I didn't make it out to the cove, maybe another pink and blue Check or maybe I was not paying attention because I was worried about water in the oil.

LOL, yeah, my boys are like screw em but I still wave.