9mm - who's got the best deal?

TTQ B4U

This thread is updated pretty well, as deals are found.http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115959

In the first post are a few tracking sites. I loke sportsmans guild, with a membeship, and their free shipping offers that are often.

I'll let you know if I come across any deals.

Suggest checking FreedomMunitions - they're the parent company for the XtremeBullets components.

$225/1000 remanufactured,

$248/1000 new brass

* these will be 115gr (small/light) projectiles - pretty snappy, but par for the course for retail ammo. Heavier projectiles will be softer shooting.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AWG223FMJ55&name=WOLF+GOLD+.223+55grn+FMJ+20rd+box&groupid=21

Wolf gold is good brass ammo. 340+ shipping from AIM for a case. Tax kills the deal and the shipping is pretty reasonable. But they are in Ohio and they do ship fast.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1887.html

340+ shipping. I think shipping is 15-20 bucks.

Suggest checking FreedomMunitions - they're the parent company for the XtremeBullets components.

$248/1000 new brass

* these will be 115gr (small/light) projectiles - pretty snappy, but par for the course for retail ammo. Heavier projectiles will be softer shooting.

This ammo is pretty good. I use it.

Consider loading your own? I like Barry's 124 gr bullets. The set up is expensive but you can tailor your loads to your shooting preference and gun (s).

I have. My neighbor does it as he has a huge collection of guns and always in some type of competition. Will be talking with him and reviewing his set up.

I have. My neighbor does it as he has a huge collection of guns and always in some type of competition. Will be talking with him and reviewing his set up.

If he has a progressive press and is willing, you could offer to have him load in bulk for you. I load single stage so it's slow but I load plinking ammo for about 8-9 a box. Good luck.

$248/1000 new brass

That's about the best mail order prices I've seen in a long time. Checked out their 380, 45, and 9 prices, and all were good.

$248/1000 new brass

This ammo is pretty good. I use it.

That's about the best mail order prices I've seen in a long time. Checked out their 380, 45, and 9 prices, and all were good.

Just placed an order for a 1,000 FMJ 9mm

We'll see how this stuff performs.

Just placed an order for a 1,000 FMJ 9mm. We'll see how this stuff performs.

* Be advised, these aren't Full Metal Jacketed projectiles. They'll be copper-plated lead, so they're great for pistols but might not hold up as well at higher speeds (eg. shot from a carbine, etc). Excellent for pistols though.

Here's what they offer in 124 gr; 115's will be a bit shorter at the base.

http://i.imgur.com/r5gQ98x.jpg?1

Round Nose, (non-expanding) Hollowpoint, Flat Nose.

The flats / hps make nice clean holes in paper.

* Be advised, these aren't Full Metal Jacketed projectiles

They'll be copper-plated lead, so they're great for pistols but might not hold up as well at higher speeds (eg. shot from a carbine, etc)

Excellent for pistols though.

Good to know. Will be through my handguns.

Let me know what he says. I am still trying to figure out what reloading press to buy. Also space is an issue for me I have a low ceiling in the room where the setup would be. I know progressive presses with automatic case loaders get pretty tall.

Let me know what he says. I am still trying to figure out what reloading press to buy. Also space is an issue for me I have a low ceiling in the room where the setup would be. I know progressive presses with automatic case loaders get pretty tall.

If I may, .. skip the headache/hassle of single-stage or manual-index presses and pony up for a Dillon 650 w/ casefeeder.

Aside from a major increase in productivity, it's a safer design. I have literally tried to create an unsafe load (raising the ram four, five times) and been unable. It just won't double-charge. (And it's got a lifetime warranty.)

Buy the press last. Get your powder, primers, and projectiles first. You'll be surprised what a pain in the ass that is. A press is always available.

That's good advice. I bought a single stage but I did so knowing it would be slow. Plus I like playing with different loads and hiding from the wife and kids in the basement. If you have someone who will go in on it with you that would reduce your set up cost significantly. If you do a lot of plinking a progressive is definitely best. If you are worried about height build your own bench and lower that section. I'm using a reenforced computer desk.