2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because nobody likes Mopars. Which is why the 9% growth in sales Chrysler just posted is so puzzling.

Jersey shore, Kardashians, & Miley Cyrus's twerk attention campaign were also overwhelmingly popular.

Not hating on the car, but popular vote hardly indicates it's a great product.

I'm sure they will sell every last one at a serious markup.

The Corvette is not a muscle car and he said fastest, not quickest. This means top speed, not acceleration or lap time.

I think he was referring to MOPARS, the fastest they have built to date. If it beats the 202mph reported by the GT500 I think many will be more than impressed with this car...

I think he was referring to MOPARS, the fastest they have built to date. If it beats the 202mph reported by the GT500 I think many will be more than impressed with this car...

The claims in the video (most powerful and fastest muscle car in history) was not compared to just other Mopar's.

They said there were some 'easter eggs' in the original release, including the interior pic showing the radio on '70's On 7' hinting at 707 HP. If you click the link to launch the Hellcat website it also says "Site will load in 3.0 seconds." Not sure if that means anything............

Jersey shore, Kardashians, & Miley Cyrus's twerk attention campaign were also overwhelmingly popular.

Not hating on the car, but popular vote hardly indicates it's a great product.

Perhaps not, but it does indicate popularity itself. I would imagine most automobile manufacturers strive for popularity.

I'm sure they will sell every last one at a serious markup.

Insha'Allah.

The fact that we can talk about it here for 5 pages on CR means they've already done their job. Love it or hate it people will talk about it and know/ respect it (assuming it delivers performance wise).

Not my cup-0-tea but will be a car to remember.

• 2 weeks later...

10.8 on drag radials, 11.2 on stock tires.

Equipped thusly the Hellcat did the quarter mile in 10.86 seconds at 126 mph. The number has been NHRA certified.

Similarly, with its production tires, the Hellcat runs the quarter in 11.2 seconds at 125 mph, also certified. That's also fantastic.

Let's put that into context. The Ford Shelby GT500 did the quarter in 11.6 seconds; the Camaro ZL1 did it in 12.1; and even Dodge's own SRT Viper, a more dedicated sports car with a much larger engine, did it in 11.7 seconds.

http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-is-a-10-second-1603567665

2015 Challenger orders are open now, Hellcat orders open up on 8/8 so I assume pricing will be available before then. Lots of dealers sound like they already have 5-10 people that already put deposits down.

2015 Challenger orders are open now, Hellcat orders open up on 8/8 so I assume pricing will be available before then. Lots of dealers sound like they already have 5-10 people that already put deposits down.

They are doing it right with all of this pre-sale hype.

Exactly. Car may be under 70k but with a high demand and limited production, dealers will be asking 80+

Dealers were caught doing this when the Viper was released and some of them lost their rights to sell SRT because of this. If corporate finds out they will contact the dealer directly, and not every Dodge dealer is an SRT dealer, they have to meet certain standards.

Previously, notifying corporate of markups was as easy as tweeting Ralph Gills. He's not SRT anymore, but he's still pretty active.