2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit...that's the factory exhaust note???

I see the instrument cluster says "RED KEY IN USE"...Does that mean exhaust cutouts that are computer-controlled based on a "track key"? Gotta admit that's badarse if it's the case.

Holy shit...that's the factory exhaust note???

I see the instrument cluster says "RED KEY IN USE"...Does that mean exhaust cutouts that are computer-controlled based on a "track key"? Gotta admit that's badarse if it's the case.

I don't think the active exhaust valve is tied to the red key, but it's possible. The black key is only ~400 HP. The red key in not a "track key," like the BOSS. You can use it on the street, but it gives you access to all the performance.

The 6.4L is pretty loud too.

Edited by Mallard

• 2 weeks later...
If it were given to me I'd take it and not kick it outta bed for eatin cookies. But it is a boat of a car. Dodge needs to follow fords lead and make it smaller like they have with the mustang.

I saved for almost 4 years to pay cash for my Challenger. I had the money to purchase a GT, SS, was even looking at a used Shelby convertible.

In the end, I purchased the Challenger because it was a bigger car, and Dodge absolutely nailed it in the looks area for these cars. Very evocative of the originals, yet still very high-tech (when optioned as such).

Is it heavy? Yes. Yes it is. Do guys in 5.0 Mustangs and SS Camaros drive faster and lighter cars? Yes. Yes they do. But I don't think they drive cooler cars. Now, that's just my personal opinion.

Anyhow, I weigh like 290. So weight to power ratio wasn't tops on my list. Drove it two summers bone stock, never felt it was underpowered.

Always going to be faster cars out there. I stopped into Dyno Tune Motorsports yesterday and watched a Victory Red ZL1 Camaro 'vert put over 550 HP to the rear wheels. And it was stock except for a CAI. And a tune, of course. Sounded like a shuttle launch.

If they wouldn't rape me like Justin Bieber in Lucasville on the trade in, I would consider it.

But they would.

This guy gets it.

This car isn't about being the fastest, or the lightest, or the best. It's pure American. It's a Red White and Blue FUCK YOU to everyone who says "you should do X differently". Maybe they should've, but this is fucking America where we're free to make it as big, cumbersome, heavy, loud, smelly, and obnoxious as we want.

This guy gets it.

This car isn't about being the fastest, or the lightest, or the best. It's pure American. It's a Red White and Blue FUCK YOU to everyone who says "you should do X differently". Maybe they should've, but this is fucking America where we're free to make it as big, cumbersome, heavy, loud, smelly, and obnoxious as we want.

Amen.

I guess this is the rumor going around today that I caught on another forum. Not sure how true this is.

Today's rumor on the Challenger board is that a preproduction car ran a 10.58 and they're still trying to tweak it to make it a little faster...

• 3 weeks later...
Which is a modified GT500, so who's to say an aftermarket company won't crank 850+ out of the Hellcat?

Beat me to it. The last GT500 was 660 hp and ran in the 11's. We'll see how this stacks up.