2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no price. I'm sure ordering info will be put out soon. The other interesting part is that in the 5 year plan they announced the SRT Charger would have this engine too.

Claimed it's the fastest muscle car ever, which means it beats the GT500's top speed of 200mph.

Still no price. I'm sure ordering info will be put out soon. The other interesting part is that in the 5 year plan they announced the SRT Charger would have this engine too.

Claimed it's the fastest muscle car ever, which means it beats the GT500's top speed of 200mph.

Guy claims "the fastest muscle car in history"

LOL

ok bud. Nice claim with no track times or anything. It may have more power but I'm pretty sure a ZR1 would wax dat ass all day long

No. 6 speed manual or 8 speed auto is available.

Are you sure?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-707-horsepower-official-video/

I may be reading that wrong:

"All that power will run exclusively to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission that differs from other Challengers. The new gearbox, 8HP90 (rather than the 8HP70) is "upgraded to handle the extra power and torque," says Dan Reid, SRT's manager of product design and motorsports."

The use of the word "exclusively"... either it's the only transmission offered in the Hellcat, or it's only offered in this car and no other car/truck for now...

It's going to be an auto specific to the Hellcat, but still have the 6-speed as the manual option. I've heard mid-10's in the 1/4 for these pre-production, not even at full boost. With 707hp that's easily attainable, with the right tires and gearing. Can't wait to see these things on the road and tracks!

Guy claims "the fastest muscle car in history"

LOL

ok bud. Nice claim with no track times or anything. It may have more power but I'm pretty sure a ZR1 would wax dat ass all day long

The Corvette is not a muscle car and he said fastest, not quickest. This means top speed, not acceleration or lap time.

Are you sure?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-707-horsepower-official-video/

I may be reading that wrong:

"All that power will run exclusively to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission that differs from other Challengers. The new gearbox, 8HP90 (rather than the 8HP70) is "upgraded to handle the extra power and torque," says Dan Reid, SRT's manager of product design and motorsports."

The use of the word "exclusively"... either it's the only transmission offered in the Hellcat, or it's only offered in this car and no other car/truck for now...

Unless they changed their minds from last week. You'll see in the video I posted a few days ago the engineers specifically talk about both transmissions being available. The 8 Speed should be faster though.