2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will the competition for this car cost? Because I'm betting it's a lot more than that.

ZL1 Camaro starts at $55k with 580 HP. Who knows what will happen when a newer model comes out or they upgrade to the LT4.

Mustang GT500 starts at 55k as well - 60k for the convertible.

It will be interesting to see how the Challenger will stack up in ways other than straight line. I would suspect the Mustang and Camaro will handle better but clearly cannot currently match the 1/4 performance.

We all love to joke and rib at on favorite/ least favorite cars.

At the end of the day, you have to respect what this car is. A factory 7xxhp 10 second car for 60k. I think it's a bargain if you are looking for the type of performance is provides.

At the end of the day, you have to respect what this car is. A factory 7xxhp 10 second car for 60k.

especially given it's size/weight. Most likely one the heaviest vehicles out there than can claim a 1/4mi. track as it's home.

I personally can't wait to see one at the track. Most likely it will be one of the stick cars running 12.0s@120 and everyone saying "see, they don't run 10s!". Hopefully if it is a stick car it will atleast have a decent driver, but I doubt it.

I personally can't wait to see one at the track. Most likely it will be one of the stick cars running 12.0s@120 and everyone saying "see, they don't run 10s!". Hopefully if it is a stick car it will atleast have a decent driver, but I doubt it.

With that much power, I'd personally never buy it in a stick. An 8 speed auto would be fun as hell.

We all love to joke and rib at on favorite/ least favorite cars.

At the end of the day, you have to respect what this car is. A factory 7xxhp 10 second car for 60k. I think it's a bargain if you are looking for the type of performance is provides.

X2

I don't care for the car, but I like that it exists.

Would rather shift my way to 11's than be strollered to 10's

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or a mile...winnings winning.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/575remyline/1568961921_d9eb5930b51.jpg

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or a mile...winnings winning.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/575remyline/1568961921_d9eb5930b51.jpg

To me, the man pedal is way more fun than needing to brag about the 1/4 mile penis per second. To me, the car is more fun to drive with a man pedal and I couldn't give two shits about the 1/4 time. I played that game once, don't care any more.

If they said, I didn't hear. I knew it was going to be aired so I recorded it, then last night I just fast forwarded to that race then on to the finals. The '71 looked like it had drag radials (clearly bigger and blackwalls compared to the narrow white letters up front), but I couldn't tell anything about the Hellcat. I'm guessing it was an auto on street tires.

Winding Road POV vids are up from the launch event. Driving impressions are still under embargo, but looks like some of the Web sites are starting to post.

This is the 8 - speed, there's also a 6-speed video up on their YouTube channel.