2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll racing isn't for everyone kids.

I think whats great about this car and the others from the other big 2, is that we are in the middle of another muscle car era. Its cool to see and who knows when it will end or if it will ever start back up again if it does end.

Roll racing isn't for everyone kids.

I think whats great about this car and the others from the other big 2, is that we are in the middle of another muscle car era. Its cool to see and who knows when it will end or if it will ever start back up again if it does end.

I've seen the EPA and CAFE requirements for the coming years and I truly believe this is it. Automakers are going to face a stiff penalty for this type of car around 2020 and beyond. If they are made it will be in small numbers and you'll pay a premium. IMO.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-dodge-challenger-r-t-scat-pack-and-srt-392-first-drive-review

2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack and SRT 392

Driven back-to-back at Portland International Raceway in eight-speed automatic form, the Scat Pack and the SRT 392 proved virtually identical in terms of on-track prowess. Both offered copious grip and shockingly neutral handling despite weighing more than two tons and packing as much as 55 percent of that mass atop the nose. The broad, flat hood makes any listing behavior quite apparent, and we were mildly surprised at their levels of body control. Turn-in is sharp, and what understeer exists is nicely mitigated by the gas pedal. The tail comes out quickly and easily, even with the stability control on, but it’s easily caught. In the SRT’s Sport mode, there’s more leeway within the stability programming and the electric power steering provides decent feedback. The multi-piston Brembos bolted to both models deliver outstanding stopping power with little to no fade, even after dozens of whirls around PIR.