2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Mallard

Dealers were caught doing this when the Viper was released and some of them lost their rights to sell SRT because of this. If corporate finds out they will contact the dealer directly, and not every Dodge dealer is an SRT dealer, they have to meet certain standards.

Previously, notifying corporate of markups was as easy as tweeting Ralph Gills. He's not SRT anymore, but he's still pretty active.

I wish ALL brands did this... :mad:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an SRT thing? I've ordered corporate vehicles before and many dealers refuse to accept delivery because they don't make anything on the transaction. Corporate basically didn't care and told us to find other dealers to handle the deliveries.

Corporate doesn't like to see customers driven away for any reason but I'm sure they have more leverage against the dealer with SRT. I know with the Viper situation Ralph was not very happy and he commented that they spoke with those dealers and "fixed" the situation.

Most dealers make a bulk of their money on service anyway. On a corporate delivery, if the dealer is too short - sighted to see the potential return service business for scheduled maintenance from a business then they don't deserve to be in business, IMO.

Although, my dad went to a Columbus dealer last week ready to buy a new 300C. The sales guy was very helpful and even told him he could order a car to get what he wanted. When talking pricing he mentioned that I worked for Chrysler and he would have employee pricing. From then on it was all pressure to buy something off the lot and they denied that he could order a car. He ended up buying a TL. :/

Ralph doing a burnout at Carlisle, the price of the past srt models and the price on the jeep srt 8 I can't see it only being in the 50s that's what srts go for now.

The thing about the Jeep is, even non-SRT's get up to $65k (Summit starts at 60), so the SRT has to come in above that. Current LX/LC SRT's can start around $50k (Core model).

The pricing should be interesting though, especially since you now have the 6.4L Scat Pack, 6.4L SRT, and 6.2L S/C SRT. I would expect the 6.4L SRT to stay around the same, and the Scat Pack possibly slot in where the Core was. That leaves plenty of room in the 60's for a Hellcat, and they won't price it as high as a Z/28.

Corporate doesn't like to see customers driven away for any reason but I'm sure they have more leverage against the dealer with SRT. I know with the Viper situation Ralph was not very happy and he commented that they spoke with those dealers and "fixed" the situation.

Most dealers make a bulk of their money on service anyway. On a corporate delivery, if the dealer is too short - sighted to see the potential return service business for scheduled maintenance from a business then they don't deserve to be in business, IMO.

Although, my dad went to a Columbus dealer last week ready to buy a new 300C. The sales guy was very helpful and even told him he could order a car to get what he wanted. When talking pricing he mentioned that I worked for Chrysler and he would have employee pricing. From then on it was all pressure to buy something off the lot and they denied that he could order a car. He ended up buying a TL. :/

Same bullshit I always get, and many dealers like to argue that SRT and many Jeep models never qualify for the special pricing plans. However, some do depending on the offer and timing. I've confirmed a couple with Chrysler before attempting to complete the offer, however the dealers just tell me no and to go to another dealer. No wonder people hate buying cars anymore and loathe dealerships. They treat people like walking wallets and get pissed if you are even a sliver informed.

Same bullshit I always get, and many dealers like to argue that SRT and many Jeep models never qualify for the special pricing plans. However, some do depending on the offer and timing. I've confirmed a couple with Chrysler before attempting to complete the offer, however the dealers just tell me no and to go to another dealer. No wonder people hate buying cars anymore and loathe dealerships. They treat people like walking wallets and get pissed if you are even a sliver informed.

I grew up in the business and am amazed this shit still happens. I go through it too. Perhaps my direct approach causes it but in the end, I have ended up eventually finding someone that just wants to sell a car to someone willing to buy one. Use the phone and internet and eventually someone will deal. Key is much like with a house, never be afraid to walk or not buy.

I grew up in the business and am amazed this shit still happens. I go through it too. Perhaps my direct approach causes it but in the end, I have ended up eventually finding someone that just wants to sell a car to someone willing to buy one. Use the phone and internet and eventually someone will deal. Key is much like with a house, never be afraid to walk or not buy.

That's pretty much what I do. If it happens, great, if not I'll survive and move on to the next thing.

Autospies.com was posting pics from the launch event at Portland Intl Raceway and accidentally posted a pic with pricing an 0-60.

0-60 in 3.5 sec

20 mpg

$59,900

Check their site for a bunch of pics from the event.

The Challengers are big cars. Whether that is an asset or not depends on your perspective.

I've actually had 2 grown adults in the back seat, comfortably for more than 20 minutes. Granted they're vegetarians, but still, I don't think that can happen in a GT or SS. Also, The trunk is positively cavernous. Which comes in handy when hauling groceries or the occasional dead hooker.

Some people like big. Khufu wasn't concerned with weight, and his project turned out OK.

For me, I can sleep soundly knowing Mopar now looks down from atop Mount Muscle Car Olympus.

Bad ass car, just far to late to the party.

Are you ever too late when you're the fastest of the bunch?

As FatHemiDude said, the car is a lot bigger inside and has a huge truck, which some people love. Also, the interior of the 2015's is miles ahead of any if the competition. Sure all the amenities added some weight, but I'd say it's borderline luxury in some trims.

Are you ever too late when you're the fastest of the bunch?

As FatHemiDude said, the car is a lot bigger inside and has a huge truck, which some people love. Also, the interior of the 2015's is miles ahead of any if the competition. Sure all the amenities added some weight, but I'd say it's borderline luxury in some trims.

Considering the mustang just got a complete redesign with talks of 750 hp and still several hundred pound lighter, as well as gm still saying the next gen camaro is to be on the ats platform (which, if it stays true, will be a good bit lighter than both mustang and challenger now). And with the lt4 out now, god only know what we can see.

Considering the mustang just got a complete redesign with talks of 750 hp and still several hundred pound lighter, as well as gm still saying the next gen camaro is to be on the ats platform (which, if it stays true, will be a good bit lighter than both mustang and challenger now). And with the lt4 out now, god only know what we can see.

With a V6 the ATS is over 3600 lbs, so I'm skeptical an Alpha Camaro will be much lighter than a Mustang. It will depend a lot on size, seeing how the CTS can be over 4000 lbs on a long wheelbase Alpha platform too.

Even so, the Challenger is a much, much bigger than the current Camaro and Mustang and has a good deal more content. If the Camaro becomes the size of an ATS it will be even smaller, while the Challenger can haul 4 people and their stuff comfortably.

I've also come to the conclusion that someone will always find something wrong. They delivered a full - size car with 707 HP, 3.5 sec 0-60, 11.2 second quarter mile, 200+ mph top speed, with 20 mpg, a luxury trimmed interior, multiple configurable drive settings, for $60k and some people will still find something to complain about.

Sure, it would be cool if it weighed less, but at what cost? Should they make the car smaller and lose some interior space? Should they use more lightweight material and push the cost higher? Should they strip the interior to the bare bones and lose the luxury features? It's all about compromise, but with 1.8 kids right now I would have to say that this car is more "livable" than the others, and I can't wait to see this engine in the giant, heavy, 4-door Charger.

I'm gonna quote myself from earlier in the thread since some people still don't seem to understand.

This car isn't about being the fastest, or the lightest, or the best. It's pure American. It's a Red White and Blue FUCK YOU to everyone who says "you should do X differently". Maybe they should've, but this is fucking America where we're free to make it as big, cumbersome, heavy, loud, smelly, and obnoxious as we want.

You couldn't make a Camaro fast or cheap enough that I'd buy over that Challenger. Camaros will probably be recalled before they arrive in the showroom (you may laugh, but the Chevy Trax isn't in showrooms yet and has been recalled already). I love Ford as a brand in general, but what the GT500 and the Challenger are trying to accomplish is totally different. Obviously Chrysler is looking at contemporary benchmarks with the Hellcat but they're not trying to make it something it's not, and that should be applauded.

With a V6 the ATS is over 3600 lbs, so I'm skeptical an Alpha Camaro will be much lighter than a Mustang. It will depend a lot on size, seeing how the CTS can be over 4000 lbs on a long wheelbase Alpha platform too.

Even so, the Challenger is a much, much bigger than the current Camaro and Mustang and has a good deal more content. If the Camaro becomes the size of an ATS it will be even smaller, while the Challenger can haul 4 people and their stuff comfortably.

I've also come to the conclusion that someone will always find something wrong. They delivered a full - size car with 707 HP, 3.5 sec 0-60, 11.2 second quarter mile, 200+ mph top speed, with 20 mpg, a luxury trimmed interior, multiple configurable drive settings, for $60k and some people will still find something to complain about.

Sure, it would be cool if it weighed less, but at what cost? Should they make the car smaller and lose some interior space? Should they use more lightweight material and push the cost higher? Should they strip the interior to the bare bones and lose the luxury features? It's all about compromise, but with 1.8 kids right now I would have to say that this car is more "livable" than the others, and I can't wait to see this engine in the giant, heavy, 4-door Charger.

Length:

Camaro 190.6

Challenger 197.7

width:

Camaro 75.5

Challenger 75.7

Height:

Camaro 54.2

Challenger 57.1

Ground clearance is about the same at 4.8-5"

Seven inches in length is a lot.

Also:

Cargo space:

Camaro 11.3 cu ft

Challenger 16.2 cu ft

2nd row leg room:

Camaro 29.9 in

Challenger 32.6 in

2nd row shoulder room:

Camaro 42.5 in

Challenger 53.9 in

Unless motor trend made a typo (which is very possible), when the ats came out, they reported it to weigh just shy of 3400.

Either way, im not compaining about the challenger at all. 707 hp and the times its putting up are insane. But at the same time, it is meant to compete with the mustang and camaro, which it really hasnt done so well at till the 6.4 came out (but even then that was basically in its own league due to being more expensive than a gt/ss, yet not enough guts to compete with the zl1/gt500). Now dodge gets with it and produces are car that tops all the current cars, but the other 2 are getting a serious refresh (hence why i said a little to late)