KTM Show up and Ride @ MidOhio

ousley99

So just got an email today about this event. Sounds cool if you don't have a bike to take to the track and really want to try it out.

"KTM "ARRIVE AND RIDE" dates are coming to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course! KTM, the official motorcycle of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School, will host two track day sessions on Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course late this spring and mid-summer. The first will be held Thursday, May 28, 2009, and the second will take place Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

These sessions, dubbed KTM Race_Orange Track Days, are unique as KTM 990 Super Duke motorcycles will be provided exclusively for each participant to ride. The fuel, tires and other necessary maintenance throughout the day will all be handled by KTM. This is the first public event of its kind to be hosted at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, creating an opportunity for riders to get on track without the need to transport their bikes to the facility.

That’s right ….. no matter your location, whether you travel by air or drive to Mid-Ohio, you can just show up and ride the KTM 990 Super Duke around the track!

Riders will be split into three groups that will ride in multiple 20 minute sessions throughout the day. The first two will be "sport" groups, consisting of novice and intermediate riders and the final "super sport" group will encompass more advanced intermediate and advanced riders.

The cost of the event is $195 per person. Spaces are limited to 60 riders per event, so sign up fast as they’ll go fast! Enroll on The Mid-Ohio School’s website at www.midohioschool.com or call 877-793-8667!"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just decided on a june double track day, but I might have to toss this in too. I think I'd go later in July though. May's date means all my vaca is from that day until the end of June. Gotta save atleast 1 day for July lol.

Ous. if you do signup man let me know.

sounds cool, so if if i fuck the duke up, i walk away and my ins free and clear?

I would think they're banking on your survival instincts to not wad one up... but I'd assume you'd owe them SOME type of deposit, or at the very least sign a form that says if you wad it, you pay to have it fixed.

I would think they're banking on your survival instincts to not wad one up... but I'd assume you'd owe them SOME type of deposit, or at the very least sign a form that says if you wad it, you pay to have it fixed.

i wanna wad one up,for free. shit i can go to enterprise and wad one up for an a xtra 10 bucks a day

uhh thats a fact...do your homework

Better is variable. What if I say the requierment for better is the one that fits tall people best. RC8 wins. Sound? RC8.

It's subjective.

If you're talking about lap times...you really think you are good enough to realize the difference? Doubtful.