KTM Show up and Ride @ MidOhio

ousley99

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when will we know if they will run or not

When you get to the track. Remember onee thing - the weather can be fine around the track and shitty in CBus, for example...

The idea is that letting a bunch of people ride your $15k bike in the rain is something that I think is good to not allow. However, a 48 hour notice is pretty short.

Just understand that this is not an STT event. We have our coach staff running the program, but it is a KTM and Mid-O venture...

brian

Nope. Had a work conflict on this one...

But, you should have one, received a schedule and two, you can easily go onto Mid-Ohio's site...

If not, the deal should be like any full event day where the gates open at 7am, registration at 7:15 to 8:15 and Rider's Meeting at 8:20... On track at 9.

In order to ensure that you have all the information to make your upcoming track day a great experience, we would like cover some key details and offer a few final reminders.

Event date: Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gates open: 6:30AM

Registration opens: 6:30AM (Please bring your SIGNED The Mid-Ohio School and KTM waiver forms with you or fax them in advance to 419-884-0042; this will help on-site registration go quicker; you still need to check in at Registration which will be at Garage 7 in the paddock near the Goodyear Tower

Mandatory Riders Meeting: 7:45AM (Be dressed and ready to ride!)

First On Track Session: 8:00AM approx.

Lunch: 11:30AM-1:00PM – Mid-Ohio concession stand will be open for your convenience to purchase lunch and beverages

End of Day: 4:30PM approx.

In order to ensure that you have all the information to make your upcoming track day a great experience, we would like cover some key detailsand offer a few final reminders.

Event date:Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gates open: 6:30AM

Registration opens: 6:30AM (Please bring your SIGNED The Mid-Ohio School and KTM waiver forms with youor fax them in advance to 419-884-0042; this will help on-site registration go quicker; you still need to check in at Registration which will be at Garage 7 in the paddock near the Goodyear Tower

Mandatory Riders Meeting: 7:45AM (Be dressed and ready to ride!)

First On Track Session: 8:00AMapprox.

Lunch: 11:30AM-1:00PM – Mid-Ohio concession stand will be open for your convenienceto purchase lunch and beverages

End of Day: 4:30PMapprox.

Wow.. A 15 minute Rider's Meeting rolling into a hot track. Anyone wanna bet on the number of balled up Super Dukes they end up with?

Good luck, guys and gals...

Wow.. A 15 minute Rider's Meeting rolling into a hot track. Anyone wanna bet on the number of balled up Super Dukes they end up with?

Good luck, guys and gals...

No kidding. I don't have a shitload of track days uinder my belt, but that sounds like an awfully quick "how do ya do".

BTW, are you still doing instructor duty with STT this year, Lizard?

There was only 4 wadded up at the end of the day :) ... each group had 3 sessions. I will say, the one bike I saw afterwards - crashed pretty well, as in, not a lot of damage.

3 "Red" - Intermediates

1 Instructor in the "Yellow" Novice group... I came around the keyhole and saw the guy standing behind the laid down bike with the blue mesh tank on. It had JUST started sprinkling.

2 sessionS before rain @ 11 AM, then 1 session after 12:30 PM (they moved up lunch), then the skies let loose once again on it and they decided to pack it in.

I felt good after my first track day - at least I was one of the faster novices. I was just a little more timid because I was on a Duke and not my own bike.

Ohh and good seeing you again Jeff (c7fx).

Pics to come.

Definitely a cool bike, brakes (monoblock brembos) were AWESOME.

Throttle response was crisp, smooth, but very touchy off full closed throttle.

Turn in was good because of the standard bars, which took me a minute to get used to.

Motor pulls really well in the midrange through all gears - though I stayed in 2-3-4 99% of the time.

It's a very fun bike, but I'll stick with the SV, just going on price/economics alone. The Duke would be a great bike for the money, but because I don't have the fat wallet a lot of the guys have - the SV gets you about 85% of the way there for 1/3rd the price.

The extra 15% (Devil is in the details - type stuff) comes at a premium - Good stuff, I just don't think it's worth it for me personally.

There was only 4 wadded up at the end of the day :) ... each group had 3 sessions. I will say, the one bike I saw afterwards - crashed pretty well, as in, not a lot of damage.

3 "Red" - Intermediates

1 Instructor in the "Yellow" Novice group... I came around the keyhole and saw the guy standing behind the laid down bike with the blue mesh tank on. It had JUST started sprinkling.

2 sessionS before rain @ 11 AM, then 1 session after 12:30 PM (they moved up lunch), then the skies let loose once again on it and they decided to pack it in.

I felt good after my first track day - at least I was one of the faster novices. I was just a little more timid because I was on a Duke and not my own bike.

Ohh and good seeing you again Jeff (c7fx).

Pics to come.

Actually, 7 crashed. 4 at the end of the day...