whats it worth? 05/06 gto

pontiacfreak142

Theres a small car sales place up the road from me that just got one in. Its dark blue, 66k miles on it. For the most part, it seems pretty clean. I did just a quick walk due to the car needing a bath, so it was hard to tell much of anything. I did find though, a nice spot on the hood where it must have chipped a little paint and someone went to autozone and got a quick touch up kit and just coated the shit on, as well as a small dent in the passenger door.

Inside, yet again fairly clean, except the leather headrests in the back seats were both kinda fucked up as well as the arm rest (stitching was coming out pretty bad).

Said he got it at auction for 15.5 and was selling for 16.9. Does that seem about right?

I would look for an '06 personally.. they fixed/upgraded a few minor things like the steering pump pulley, power seat motors (04-05's were slooow), added a left foot rest, and made it so you could unlock the doors from the inside (04-05's you had to hit your keyfob or manually lift the lock like 80's cars). Also an ashtray and lighter were added to the '06s along with lit-up steering controls. In my opinion the tail lights look cooler, too (clear instead of all red).

Not really big deals, but I could see myself getting annoyed at some of those over time.. especially the locks.

I would look for an '06 personally.. they fixed/upgraded a few minor things like the steering pump pulley, power seat motors (04-05's were slooow), added a left foot rest, and made it so you could unlock the doors from the inside (04-05's you had to hit your keyfob or manually lift the lock like 80's cars). Also an ashtray and lighter were added to the '06s along with lit-up steering controls. In my opinion the tail lights look cooler, too (clear instead of all red).

Not really big deals, but I could see myself getting annoyed at some of those over time.. especially the locks.

Thats pretty much what i want. If i find an ls1 car for a great price, id be ok with that, but in most cases you can find ls1 c5's for around 15k

Coming from a previous GTO owner (had an 04 cam'd,full bolt on LS1) I would pay a little more money and get an LS2 version. 05/06 versions look a lot better with the subtle exterior changes as well (vented hood, dual exhaust, etc).

Here you go sir, wish I had the money

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118353

:lolguy: :barf:

$13k LOL

$13k tops

ls2 or bust

i traded my mint '05 into the stealership for $15k three years ago, with 25k miles. they sold it for $17.5k. this was a 25k mile car, and three years ago. it was MINT. that was a pretty good deal all around. i still miss the car dearly. the cts-v is awesome, but i almost prefer the GTO. sounds weird, doesn't it?

that car is WAY overpriced broseph.

$13k tops

ls2 or bust

i traded my mint '05 into the stealership for $15k three years ago, with 25k miles. they sold it for $17.5k. this was a 25k mile car, and three years ago. it was MINT. that was a pretty good deal all around. i still miss the car dearly. the cts-v is awesome, but i almost prefer the GTO. sounds weird, doesn't it?

that car is WAY overpriced broseph.

Damn, after reading this im half tempted to go back and tell that guy at the lot he got robbed. this one decent but far from mint.

05/06 GTO's are awesome. I had one of each. The 06 I sold about 2 years ago and only had 8K on the odometer. The idiot who bought it from me hit a cement barrier between the lanes on an interstate. I started having sellers remorse and searched online and found this: http://www.salvageautosauction.com/vehicle_detail/Salvage-2006-Pontiac-GTO-for-Sale/lot-12594133/Gaston-South-Carolina/id/0/pg/6

Yep..that used to be an absolutely mint 8,000 mile car that got totaled before it even got 10K on the odometer... I sure miss that car....