2015 Chevy SS...with a stick

zeitgeist57

http://jalopnik.com/chevrolet-ss-manual-transmission-magnetic-ride-confirm-1607990115

I saw one of these at the Jack Maxton Cruise-in on Friday; had not seen one in the flesh before that. Overall I applaud GM for offering a manual transmission in it. I'd also argue it's the LARGEST car sold in america that offers one!

Not for me, but hopefully someone shopping for a Hemi Charger/300C will put it on their list.

I've seen 2 of these on the north end when out and about, one I swear was a fleet car. Pretty impressed with the car, more adult less I want to eat your face than the G8 was. Not overly sold on the styling or who they are really going after with this car but were I in the market for a large 4 door sedan that can haul people AND ass...it would certainly be on the list.

There's a beautiful black one with chrome wheels like that in the Sawmill Sam's Club Area. I've seen it around several times. Can't recall but I don't believe it had dealer or manufacturer plates. Don't know if it's a manual or not.

Took me a while to find some specs, but here they are:

Engine: 6.2L V8

Power: 415 HP at 5,900 RPM/ 415 LB-FT at 4,600 RPM

Transmission: Six-Speed Automatic

0-60 Time: 5.0 seconds

Top Speed: 160 mph

Drivetrain: Rear-Wheel Drive

Curb Weight: 3,975

Seating: 5 people

MPG: 14 City/21 Highway

MSRP: $43,475* (All cars have a gas guzzler tax, so pricing is really closer to $46,000 for every single SS)

Worked on my boss's new SS, auto though, and its a really nice car. For anyone who's driven a G8 the SS is very similar, obviously. Nicer interior then a G8 in my opinion, and drives nice with decent power for cruising and passing. Though I certainly would not call it a muscle car, it's a little low on the power to weight ratio for that.

Worked on my boss's new SS, auto though, and its a really nice car. For anyone who's driven a G8 the SS is very similar, obviously. Nicer interior then a G8 in my opinion, and drives nice with decent power for cruising and passing. Though I certainly would not call it a muscle car, it's a little low on the power to weight ratio for that.

Idk considering a camaro ss weighs damn close to that. Wouldnt think it be much slower.

Guy out here in baltimore has a dark grey looking one, damn good looking car

I believe guys have had pretty good luck with exhaust/intake/tune like most cars. I'll see if I can pull some numbers off the forum.

One thing hurting these cars with "muscle sedan" buyers is the fact that you can buy a 1-2 year old CTS-V in the same price range. Easy choice unless you just like the heritage/rarity.

Idk considering a camaro ss weighs damn close to that. Wouldnt think it be much slower.

Guy out here in baltimore has a dark grey looking one, damn good looking car

A stock camaro isn't much of a muscle car either. I guess it depends on your definition. To me "muscle car" means a power to weight a little bit more than what is typical of the entry level v8 cars.