GP Indoor Footage Used On News

wagner

So GP Indoor contacted me about using some of the video that I made from our rental there. The agreement was that I would get a video credit and track time for it being used.

Well, I did not get the video credit or the track time as agreed. I'm going to follow up this week and see what they say, but I learned a hard lesson here. Shady people do shady things...

http://www.nbc4i.com/video?clipId=10417085&autostart=true

***see resolution below****

Edited by Wagner

Have you contacted them with a WTH, we had a deal? Is someone not returning your email or call?

I just found out a few hours ago and plan on contacting their marketing person Monday. I'll just pretend this was an "honest mistake" until proven otherwise. I did sign a waiver, however our agreement is spelled out in the e-mail chain.

This is why I now watermark every picture I take and post online now. I've had 2 shops try to pull fast ones on me and had people do the same thing. All this gear does not pay for itself and my time is worth something.

Hopefully this gets cleared up quick and clean without issue. If they try to play me you can bet your last wood nickle this will get nasty.

Did you read the waiver first? I wonder if there is something in there that releases them from giving credit for pictures/video.

I read the waiver and unless i missed something there was no language that indicated that. Even if it did, shame on me for missing it, and shame on them for being that shady.

I plan on keeping this as professional as they want to keep it, no drama, straight to the point. If anything this is a blessing because its a reminder to stay sharp in my business dealings and stop being so damn nice...

I'm quite positive it is a misunderstanding that will be resolved. I have worked with the same person you have been talking to for several events now. They have been nothing less than great about everything. Looking forward to reading about the outcome.

I'm quite positive it is a misunderstanding that will be resolved. I have worked with the same person you have been talking to for several events now. They have been nothing less than great about everything. Looking forward to reading about the outcome.

I hope you are right and if this is a misunderstanding you can be sure I will bring to light the positive outcome just as quick as if there was a negative outcome.

Besides, I have a way to fact check anything they tell me aganist NBC 4, and you can be sure if NBC 4 is at fault I'm going to put the screws to them. Perks of knowing people :)

I talked with GP Indoor, and I must say that Joe was 110% right. I'm beyond impressed with how they addressed this issue and owend the problem as their own.

To be honest, I'm actually shocked at how great they were to deal with on this.

Their dedication to customer satisfaction is impressive to say the least.

To me it would be a crime to NOT spend your money at a place like this.

No one wants to hear that it ended well. LOL

I am glad to see your post, Brian. I just have too much damn fun there, and can't imagine there being an issue.

I know right?

I killed the drama llama with some fire and stuff :lol:

There are some other great opportunities that are going to come of this for myself, and maybe the rest of CR...