Really strange visit from CPD today.......

cstmg8

Long story short, I came home for lunch today for a few hours because I had a board meeting later tonight.

Getting ready to head back to work when a knock on the door gets my attention. It's a CPD officer who asks my name and vehicles and says I've been implemented in a hit and run in my 97 forerunner!! He was just relaying the message as it supposedly happened in Whitehall. We went out to look at my yota and obviously there is no damage or markings. Whitehall cop was off duty, so we'll see what he says tomorrow, but wtf!

No idea what it's about, and feel I'd know if I hit someone on broad st, lol. Only mark on my forerunner is on the upper pass fender, and I have clear, dated pictures of the vehicle in the exact same condition when I bought it in may.

CPD was more interested in talking about the G8 in my driveway lol.

What will happen with this??

implemented?

Maybe something, maybe nothing. It could be that there is another 97 4 runner with a similar plate as yours and they got a partial plate from the scene and are running down the leads, or it could be that you bumped someone's car without realizing it and they called it in as a hit and run (even though you may not have known). Did you get details?

Chances are the officer inspected the car before talking to you, the conversation was more to size you up to see if you were hiding anything or acting suspiciously.

Didn't hit the cop lol, it was just supposedly in Whitehall's jurisdiction. I don't live in Whitehall, so cpd had to track me down. I'm pretty positive I'd know if I hit a vehicle while driving.

Only thing I can figure is that I followed to close, cut someone off, etc.. And pissed them off so they called my plate in for a hit skip, no idea. I'll find out when the attending officer is back on duty at 7 am.

Shaun-As hard as this is to do, I would try not to worry about it. I'm sure you will get all the info tomorrow, but chances are if it was a big deal Whitehall would of sent an officer your way immediately. Sounds like the 4Runner is still running strong, which is great news!

Tom

Shaun-As hard as this is to do, I would try not to worry about it. I'm sure you will get all the info tomorrow, but chances are if it was a big deal Whitehall would of sent an officer your way immediately. Sounds like the 4Runner is still running strong, which is great news!

Tom

It is! And the only dent in it is that one on the front/upper passenger fender that was there when I bought it. May need you to vouch for me lol! Luckily I have the pics of it in front of your house.

I almost hate to tell you that I've still never made any gasket repairs, runs great to and from work everyday.

Just totally threw me for a loop. If I say I didn't hit anyone, and there are no marks on my vehicle, what can they do?

Nothing really. I was on the other end of this in my Supra and was essentially told to go pound sand by CPD. The douche was on a bike and knew he hit me but just didn't stop, got him and his plate on film, not enough for CPD to do anything about. Just had to touch up the 2' long scratch myself.

Wouldn't worry about it. No damage on your car, should be no issue.

Cool when caps like cars. When I had my BWM with Bryton wheels, I was pulled over by a Dublin cop. I missed seeing the change from 45 to 35. He gave me a warning and stepped back from the car to look at the wheels, then he said " those wheel look amazing on this car".

if it wasn't you then you have nothing to worry about. it's an inconvenience nonetheless but it's 100% on them or the other party to prove it was you involved in whatever hit-skip they are investigating.

it would be pretty simple to verify if you were or weren't involved and you don't have to prove it wasn't.

Were you even in Whitehall?

Yeah, I drive down broad to work sometimes. I should know better, Whitehall got me a year ago for:

1.window tint

2. No front plate

3. Tinted rear plate cover.

All in the same stop! $360, but luckily I went to the magistrate and he dropped two of them. I didn't argue that it was illegal, just couldn't believe he wrote 3.

FYI, I haven't even gotten a call from the officer who's shift started 2 hrs ago.

I'm actually pretty curious to see who turned in the plate, will they tell me?

Lol, so many scenarios trying to figure out who I pissed off. Haven't had any real confrontation for years........... Ex wife?? Hahaha

I have a couple of friends who are Whitehall cops. I could ask them if they know anything about it.

Appreciate it, I'll let you know, but for now I'll let sleeping dogs lie. I left a voicemail with my number yesterday.