So I got this text from California...(2007 CTS-V updates)

zeitgeist57

Thanks, Brian. Good news is the kit was free from my neighbor.

IPS is getting a call for headlights, a tune, and I think the motor and tranny mounts are toast just from the way it drives.

I put OE replacement Anchor Mounts in and I am very happy with it-and they have a lifetime warranty :) They are not difficult on the LS2 cars, even easier with a lift.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. After all of the "what should I get" threads :gabe:

If I wasn't so poor from daycare costs, I would buy my boss's V. It's maroon, stock, and babied.

Thats a $995 tri-coat color.

If you want one that fits baby-life pricing, give me a call. But mine is not stock, and not babied. :gabe:

Went to Cleveland on Sunday, back yesterday, and out and about the rest of the time. THINGS I'VE LEARNED:

- Everyone loves the V. From the church parking lot... to on the highway... to the gas station downtown this morning, people comment on the car. EGO RECHARGED. :fuckyeah:

- This bish is THURSTY. A 4-cylinder BMW this thing ain't. I dunno what part of Nebraska people drive, but it would take a tankful of fuel at 65mph in 6th gear to get this thing to see 26MPG average. At least in 6th I can dump the gas and pull away from almost any speed with no engine hesitation. Try THAT in an RX-8 with the same (if not worse) MPG rating...

- I absolutely love the sound of a 6.0L LSx with a Magnaflow exhaust. It is mellow at cruise, barks when you get on it, and burbles perfectly when you engine brake. As if the acceleration wasn't awesome enough, I get a smile every. f**king. time. I get on it. 4th gear is good for an extremely strong 40-120mph sprint...

- The dash is plastic fantastic, and the 2007(2004?) navigation is laughable (really will never use it over my phone), but the seats, steering wheel, Bose stereo and everything else is very nice and comfortable. A wonderful cabin to cruise in on a long highway jaunt @ 72-76mph.

- I am in love with the CTS-V. When this thing dies, I'll get an '09-'14 and continue to enjoy the lineage as long as they keep putting manual transmissions in this lineup.

- Speaking of manny tranny, the shifter was absolutely horrible over the last couple of days with zero "in-center-neutral" spring feel and tough gear engagement...but this morning it almost totally fixed itself. Engine/transmission mounts stiffening up in the cold?

- I thought my kids would be all giggly as much as I am everytime we ride in it. CHUCK TESTA. Gaddamn iPad "instant gratification" fleeting-thought kids these days...

- My wife may love it more than I do. She drove last night and I felt like that YouTube video of Darryl Waltrip @ Bathurst. She was bishing that I "babied" it. :lol:

- This one may be in my mind, but it really does seem like a lot of people in pedestrian cars want a piece of me on the highway. I got chased by a couple of Accords, a Prius, a few bro tee-ruks, and other assorted plebian vehicular appliances. I say "chased", because no one ever passed me. The car brings out a dark side in me when I'm driving around.

- This is definitely the biggest car I think I'd ever want to buy. My Passat is smaller on the outside but definitely feel bigger on the interior. Not a knock on the CTS per say, just that I'm definitely used to '90s/2000 cars that are a LOT smaller than modern stuff.

I <3 U, V. :masturboy:

Edited by zeitgeist57

Yea, about that tough gear engagement; it's caused by the clutch disengaging partially. Now that you have one of the engines in the family coupled to a T-56, you might want to watch the clutch fluid. Due to the design of the slave cylinder, the fluid turns dark in a short time. Bleeding it is a PITA process; the easiest is to replace the fluid in the reservoir. Do this every few drives first then the interval can extend longer.