College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is starting to sound eerily similar to last season: (1) we're in a position to play for the national title, but (2) we have to win a couple more games, including (3) a game against a potentially formidable foe in the B1G CG, though (4) everyone is kind of talking like it's a foregone conclusion that Ohio State wins that game.

Wisconsin could easily roll right over Ohio State in the CG.

Had to of really sucked for you at the end of the game though..

Yeah, but honestly everyone was pretty classy. I didn't have too big of a deal with it. End of the day you just have to remember its a game that doesn't matter in the scheme of things*.

*unless we play an SEC team.

Wisconsin could easily roll right over Ohio State in the CG.

You mean giving up just shy of 500 rushing yards the last 2 weeks while turning the ball over 6 times doesn't scream "guaranteed B1G champs?" WELL FUCK YOU THEN. :lolguy:

But... yeah... with what Cobb and Coleman have done the last 2 weeks I don't see why Gordon couldn't go off. Especially if Powell keeps taking the worst angles anyone's ever seen ever.

If Wisconsin wins on Saturday then OSU will end up having faced the top 2 RB's in the country in a span of 3 weeks. 3 of the top 10 RB's in the country in a span of 4 weeks.

This is me thinking anecdotally here - so I'll need to either do some research or have some of you guys jump in with some stats - but hasn't Ohio State traditionally done poorly facing Heisman candidates? Specifically, Ron Dayne comes to mind - we pretty much just awarded him the trophy the day we played him. And so does Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson - both had phenomenal games against Ohio State. Drew Brees didn't win the Heisman (right?), but I remember he had a good game against Ohio State.

So, my point being: I'm finding even more reasons to be nervous playing Wisconsin in CG game. Counterpoint: Oh well, fuck it. Want to be the best? Then play and beat the best. Man up and fuck somebody up. The end.

Zack: that's crazy about them facing all those top RBs. Sadly, Ohio State did not thing to stymie the stats of the two top RBs they faced...so, yeah, what are they going to do if they face the third...? :(

I'm with you. If we don't win out, we don't deserve it anyways and we'd be doing ourselves a favor by losing before we get throttled in the playoff and ruin our image. Although I don't believe that will happen...

I honestly think Wisconsin will be a tougher out for us than any teams we play in the playoff, including Alabama, Oregon, and Florida State.

Wouldn't it be great if Ohio State beat Wisconsin, went on to roll through the playoffs, and then talked about how Wisconsin and Michigan State and Minnesota were their toughest opponents? I'd cream to have some Ohio State player quip something like, "Alabama would probably place in third spot in the B1G East" or "Florida State probably wouldn't make it out of the B1G West." I remember when Florida beat Ohio State in NCG and was talking shit similar to that. That was really the point of emergence of the #SEC arrogance; I'd love to start a dramatic power shift with resounding Ohio State victories.

I posted earlier in the year how the top 3-4 running backs were from the b10, you add in Abdullah from Nebraska as well. I also pointed out how their respective teams were in the bottom of all passing categories. Basically what I'm saying is, it's expected that osu gave up big rushing numbers to those players, but yet still won. You take away the 90 and 60 yard runs from Indiana's back and his staline is pathetic looking. If osu can stop the homerun, they can play with anybody in the country. No one outside of maybe Oregon has a rushing attack similar to those osu has faced all year.

Has Alabama already been declared SEC west champs? What happens if both Alabama and Miss st win? Is it based off ranking?

Bama beat Miss State a couple weeks ago. Pac12 Championship game is going to be Oregon/Arizona (unless ASU comes back in final 6 minutes). Arizona beat Oregon earlier this year by a touchdown.

Not sure why all you guys wanted Arkansas to win (with the exception of jive, who's a Bama fan). You want Mizzou in the SEC CG for several reasons. First, it waters down the league having Mizzou represent the East. Second, everyone can quit talking about Arkansas being a "hot" team (and thus taking media attention away from, say, Ohio State remaining hot). Third, if Bama loses to anyone, then you'd want them losing to either Auburn tomorrow or Mizzou in the SEC CG, not to Georgia in the SEC CG. A loss to Mizzou in the CG will almost assuredly result in Bama falling out of the Top 4, considering how weak Mizzou is. However, a loss to a Georgia team (on a roll, perhaps, if they beat GT tomorrow) in the CG might not move Bama out of the Top 4.

Also, glad to see UCLA lose. The were getting hot, an now they won't threaten overtaking Ohio State.

Tcu rolled yesterday. That's not helping Ohio state at all. Better hope Osu blows out Michigan and blows out the b1g championship game. Although I hear a lot of TV personal putting Ohio state at number 4 now. Mississippi St needs to go away now.

To bad a TCU Baylor rematch couldn't happen for a championship game.