18 Minnesota 8-3

19 Ole Miss 8-3

20 Oklahoma 8-3

21 Clemson 8-3

22 Louisville 8-3

23 Boise State 9-2

24 Marshall 11-0

25 Utah 7-4

Cardale Jones asking the important questions the week of The Game...

http://i.imgur.com/7N8H2Rq.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly the committee doesn't mind the SEC scheduling FCS schools late in the year. They could have made something of a statement - even if it was mostly symbolic - by moving, say, Alabama out of the top spot in light of them playing the Tuscaloosa High Teen Girls' JV team this week. But, alas, they did not. Great message, CFB committee.

If Alabama loses, it must be this week. It's clear to me that they have a stranglehold on the top spot. We cannot risk them losing a close battle in the SEC CG game, as they could - by precedent - only fall to #4.

UCLA is also poised to make a run at the top 4, too.

Ohio State really needed to stomp Indiana and put themselves at #5. That was a grand opportunity missed.

However, I do like Minnesota getting vaulted up there relatively high. That means, if they happen to beat Wisky, they'll have a respectable ranking when we play them. And, if Wisky wins, then they become an even better foe on paper to beat.

Noah Spence declared permanently ineligible by the B1G after his appeal today. Sucks for him. B1G needs to change their labeling of ecstasy as a fucking PED.

So much for the rumor of him being back for final 3 games. You know what's really weird is I don't really remember much of Spence's play here at Ohio State. I think he is just a guy I never really got behind and didn't really pay much attention to. There's another spot opened up for next years class.

He was really good last year after being a nice pass rusher on 3rd downs as a freshman. I think he may have battled through an injury a bit last year? Then obviously he was suspended for the bowl game. Bosa is up for all these national awards as it is but can you imagine if he had Spence opposite him this year? There were A LOT of mock drafts that had Spence as a top 10 pick assuming he would come out after this season. Of course he won't be that now since he missed a whole season but he's still going to get drafted if he chooses to go that route.

He was really good last year after being a nice pass rusher on 3rd downs as a freshman. I think he may have battled through an injury a bit last year? Then obviously he was suspended for the bowl game. Bosa is up for all these national awards as it is but can you imagine if he had Spence opposite him this year? There were A LOT of mock drafts that had Spence as a top 10 pick assuming he would come out after this season. Of course he won't be that now since he missed a whole season but he's still going to get drafted if he chooses to go that route.

He already declared on Twitter

So much for the rumor of him being back for final 3 games. You know what's really weird is I don't really remember much of Spence's play here at Ohio State. I think he is just a guy I never really got behind and didn't really pay much attention to. There's another spot opened up for next years class.

The rumor was from twitter nobody with an anonymous "100%" source

So the committee says Miss State is still ranked highly because they beat teams that were highly ranked at the time they played them. Does this make zero fucking sense to anyone else? I think I will call this "ghost rankings" - you're assessment is based on something long since gone. WTF committee. Someone help me understand this madness.

The rumor was from twitter nobody with an anonymous "100%" source

The rumor was from the same guy that first claimed Spence failed a 2nd drug test... Then there was the cryptic Dontre tweet that was later removed. Either way he is gone and will now just be another name added to the "what could've been" list here at Ohio State.

Fickells name being tossed around for the Youngstown St head coaching job

"Several potential candidates that have been mentioned in multiple national reports include former YSU Assistant Coach Brian Wright (currently Florida Atlantic Associate Head Coach & Offensive Coordinator), Luke Fickell (Current Ohio State Defensive Coordinator & Linebackers Coach). "

I wonder if taking a pay cut and moving his family for the sake of possibly becoming a head coach at a major university later down the road is something he wants to do. Seems like every year for the last 4-5 years his name has been on the list for some schools new coach.

I think some rumors were discussed with regards to Braxton transferring in the other thread but to start that back up here... an Oregon guy who claims to have good sources posted this on reddit...

I have multiple sources telling me that Urban has told him they will be going forward with Barrett next year. They wanted to give him time to make a decision. Braxton called Oregon to engage with Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost. Frost went to Ohio during our bye week (week before last). Nothing is done or imminent with Oregon.

The rumor was from the same guy that first claimed Spence failed a 2nd drug test... Then there was the cryptic Dontre tweet that was later removed. Either way he is gone and will now just be another name added to the "what could've been" list here at Ohio State.

To be fair, a lot of people knew about the failed test. This guy just had the balls to post it. By a lot of people I am talking about Spence's friends, family, teammates, coaches, Atheletic department folks. They were probably all just being quiet hoping to get a quick appeal, but when it came time for Spence to retrun, they had to make an official statement.

I think some rumors were discussed with regards to Braxton transferring in the other thread but to start that back up here... an Oregon guy who claims to have good sources posted this on reddit...

false alarm, guy's a clown

That's not to say that I don't think its possible for Miller to go there.

With all the playoff scenarios talked about in V6, my question is this, If Ohio State doesn't make it into the top 4, does anybody really care who wins the NC game? I for one could care less if it's not Ohio State.

I'd be rooting for Oregon. I secretly jumped on their bandwagon a few years back. If the ducks are out, I'd rather see the Criminoles win than a SEC team.

So now we have an answer on Spence...That dream is over. Shame he couldn't put the X down to just have a clean pee test when they warned him he would get tested. Oh well it is nice to see the B1G have some dignity, the SEC would have had him playing week two.

As for the CFPC - they slipped last night and made clear that they are scoring these teams in a vacuum. EG - anyone that played LSU got to be judged as beating a top 15 team, think MSU...So when MSU has only one win against the current top 25...The committee sees them actually as having 3 or 4 wins against top 25...They take that historical ranking at the time the game was played into effect...In other words they can cook the books...

Also what the fuck are style points (I know what they are)...that is the single most BS discretionary marker... EG 2003 OSU team. Style points have been proven time and again to just be a talking point, nothing of a large merit... Aside from this of course "quality losses", that is another good one; or should I say "quality loss at the time they played"...cough cough SEC

I think they can get ride of this committee and just force each conference to have a championship game, no championship game, no entry. Then they all get to then play each other in a playoff, no more voting, lobbying, gerrymandering, ect. The top team from each conferences then goes at it. I realize the bowls do not want this, but frankly fuck them. I am over 6-6 teams playing in bowl games. NO ONE CARES, if you do punch yourself unconscious.

With all the playoff scenarios talked about in V6, my question is this, If Ohio State doesn't make it into the top 4, does anybody really care who wins the NC game? I for one could care less if it's not Ohio State.

Girlfriend was born and raised in Alabama so any team other than Alabama.