Trading in your car? TERRORIST!!!!

Orion

ps who wastes the resources shipping a car from Texas to the middle east...

Lots of people. Or more specifically, lots of people/companies who make money exporting vehicles which are common here to places in the world where they may be less common. A militant army has to eat, they have to have supplies, and yes they have to have vehicles, and they all have their clandestine networks to obtain those things. Sometimes those networks buy used cars and trucks from importers in their country who buy them from dealers who buy them at dealer auctions in the US, sometimes they set up a pipeline here and export themselves.

If I were an agent at the FBI reading this I would already be tracing the history of the truck through it's sales and export paperwork to chase down a lead to a pipeline that may supply foreign enemies.

The Media needs to hop on board harassing the daylights out of AutoNation instead to see what's up. ps who wastes the resources shipping a car from Texas to the middle east...

Shipping, bruh, is cheap. It's so cheap that it costs less to import Roses from Ecuador than it does to grow them here.

Geeto has a point.

Also, If I were the dude who owned the truck, I would be talking to a lawyer about the company that I traded it to not removing the stickers.

Shipping, bruh, is cheap. It's so cheap that it costs less to import Roses from Ecuador than it does to grow them here.

Geeto has a point.

Also, If I were the dude who owned the truck, I would be talking to a lawyer about the company that I traded it to not removing the stickers.

This for sure. Dude could get bank for pain and suffering plus damages to his business image.

USA today claims it was this group:

The truck immediately went to auction and likely traded owners over and over before apparently winding up in the hands of a Chechen group named Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar, a dealership spokesman said.

The group primarily consists of Chechen and Russian fighters but also has recruits from Europe and the USA, according to the Terrorism Research & Analysis Consortium.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/17/plumbing-truck-syria/20523873/

Then again USA today is about as credible as a news source as a highlights magazine (and yet still somehow more credible than Fox news).

Lots of people. Or more specifically, lots of people/companies who make money exporting vehicles which are common here to places in the world where they may be less common. A militant army has to eat, they have to have supplies, and yes they have to have vehicles, and they all have their clandestine networks to obtain those things. Sometimes those networks buy used cars and trucks from importers in their country who buy them from dealers who buy them at dealer auctions in the US, sometimes they set up a pipeline here and export themselves.

If I were an agent at the FBI reading this I would already be tracing the history of the truck through it's sales and export paperwork to chase down a lead to a pipeline that may supply foreign enemies.

I guess my point was more that it's from Texas to the Middle East. Many other countries have cheaper vehicles and more lax shipping even on trucks though I'm sure using a Ford is a decent enough way to spite us. While shipping vehicles across continents isn't outrageous is certainly isn't cheap. Also, you'd think the paper trail would be pretty obvious unless the truck ends up in say Mexico before shipping out.

Free worldwide advertising. He could even change the company slogan.

"Service so good you declare jihad on your old plumber."

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/brilliant2.jpg

I guess my point was more that it's from Texas to the Middle East. Many other countries have cheaper vehicles and more lax shipping even on trucks though I'm sure using a Ford is a decent enough way to spite us. While shipping vehicles across continents isn't outrageous is certainly isn't cheap. Also, you'd think the paper trail would be pretty obvious unless the truck ends up in say Mexico before shipping out.

Those other countries may not have Ford F250s. Actually I think the "professional grade" work truck is kind of a North American phenomenon, and although I have seen them at construction sites in Europe and Asia there are very few of them and they are 4 times as expensive. Even in Canada or Mexico a new $40-50K work truck is less common and more expensive in the used market. I mean we bitch about $10K F150s with 200k miles but the same truck could be $15K in Mexico or Canada and $20K in Europe. Parts are not an issue as the parts are made overseas anyway and are cheap to obtain even if it is not a FoMoCo part.

I am not surprised in the slightest that there is a texas plumber's truck being used somewhere else in the world. I am not even surprised that it ended up in a country in the middle of a revolution with a gun in the back. I am surprised there isn't a imgur, or vine, or facebook page detailing ex-american work trucks in strange locations.

Crazy!

Never trust a dealer to remove items you don't want on your vehicle. I actually was looking at purchasing a work van from a dealer in Virginia. Tried to get info on the vehicle and dealer couldn't give me much, so happens the van still had the former owners business info on the side of the van. So I called them, the owner was very nice and provided the info but was pissed his info was still on the van. He was told by the dealer they'd remove the info.

Also I'm sure vehicles are sold unknowingly over seas all the time. I've inspected a few warehouses on the westside who's had 30+ cars inside that were totaled being shipped overseas to be fixed and sold.