What would CR do? Road rage

Putty

What they did right:

>Called police

>video evidence

What they did wrong:

>Stopped long enough for them to come up to their car

>Got out run by a fucking explorer

When I watched that video the other day, it was honestly way more suspenseful than any horror movie I've watched recently, knowing these are real people in fear of their lives. What I would have done? I don't know, it depends on if I have passengers, where I am, etc. But calling police is a top priority in this sort of situation. Otherwise the accorslow is still fast enough to leave an explorer far behind while I'm talking to highway patrol.

When I watched that video the other day, it was honestly way more suspenseful than any horror movie I've watched recently, knowing these are real people in fear of their lives.

I felt the same way watching.

Aside from getting out and putting my knee on the back of her neck, against the highway, until the cops showed up...I would have out ran them I guess. Problem with that is you have two speeding bullets and one that's willing to ram you. That could end tragically. As for those two girls, I think they did the right thing just avoiding as much as possible.

Depends, if I was in the truck I would have smashed that sport trac into the guard rail and drug it until it caught fire.

I felt the same way watching.

Aside from getting out and putting my knee on the back of her neck, against the highway, until the cops showed up...I would have out ran them I guess..

That's assuming the circumstances would have been the same. Would she have done the same to some large dude in a bigger truck? Probably not. What if it was a MMA fighter, armed, in a large fast truck? That's how it probably felt to the two girls in the video. I don't doubt the two of them could have easily overtaken the older woman, but the crazy lady was taking all the first strikes and showed no sign of remorse.

Shits fucked. Don't fuck with crazy.

I think they acted superbly and did exactly what they should have done.

Certainly, yes, I secretly hoped that they got out of the car and falcon punched crazy Explorer lady. But that would have been unwise as, who knows, maybe crazy Explorer lady has a gun or a knife or is just kind of a badass fighter. Also, we all know that if they just mowed over crazy Explorer lady in their car then there'd be a contingency of crazy Explorer lady apologists calling for Accord girls to get charged with some criminal offense.

So, I'd say job well done.

Calling the police helped, but they had to track a cop down..... Panicking seemed to help a lot.

What would I have done,erased all the video after I double tapped the bitch (with the .50 I just bought off CR) on the freeway, drug her carcass off to the side of the road and left.... It's not like any cops were around....

I appreciate the sensible responses in this thread. It's easy to look at pictures of crazy lady or read about the situation second-hand, but to see and hear the confusion and fear with those girls puts things into perspective.

Given the circumstances, those girls did the best they could.

Also, sad that the general public needs a reminder of why police can actually be helpful...and this is one of those examples.

Calling the police helped, but they had to track a cop down..... Panicking seemed to help a lot.

What would I have done,erased all the video after I double tapped the bitch (with the .50 I just bought off CR) on the freeway, drug her carcass off to the side of the road and left.... It's not like any cops were around....

Lol, please wipe my fingerprints off first! But agreed. People like this will run into the wrong person one day, justified or not.

I appreciate the sensible responses in this thread. It's easy to look at pictures of crazy lady or read about the situation second-hand, but to see and hear the confusion and fear with those girls puts things into perspective.

Given the circumstances, those girls did the best they could.

Also, sad that the general public needs a reminder of why police can actually be helpful...and this is one of those examples.

Also agreed, I'm glad she had a passenger to make the call, because I am Not sure that the driver would have reacted quickly enough.

The last thing I want my daughter doing is confronting some maniac on the highway. I would like to think I will have raised her to do the right thing and handle herself in that situation, but you have no idea what other people are capable of.

Now, on the other hand, as a parent to one of these girls, that bitch better watch her back.

I hate to go against the grain on this one, but being roughly the same age as the girls, I'll bet the conversation went similar to this.

Driver- "Like OMG, why the fuuuuck is this truck like on my bumper!!!"

Passenger- "OMG, they are like super close Vanessa, like idk what to do? Should we like slam on our brakes?"

D- "Like flip her off or something, that will definitely like show her who is like her boss since we are boss ass B*tchasssssssss!!"

P- "Like totalllyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

*Flips Bird*

D-"Duuuuuude like OMG WTF, she is trying to ram me now!! Call the cops! We like didn't even do anything!!"

I'm not joking about this dialogue either. Get into a car with some early-mid 20's girls and this is how they will talk.

Taken directly from link/CHP.

"When the Mazda passenger made 'a rude hand gesture' toward the Explorer just west of the Gold Run rest area, Orozco pulled in front of the Mazda and slammed on the brakes, forcing the car to stop, according to a CHP news release."

I'm not saying what the psycho lady in the truck did was right at all, but if you are gonna do something that may egg on the situation, then cry when it escalates due to your actions? I think both parties are to blame here, but I do feel bad that they feared for their lives. If my girlfriend or sister were put into the same situation I'd be pretty pissed off.

I hate to go against the grain on this one, but being roughly the same age as the girls, I'll bet the conversation went similar to this.

Driver- "Like OMG, why the fuuuuck is this truck like on my bumper!!!"

Passenger- "OMG, they are like super close Vanessa, like idk what to do? Should we like slam on our brakes?"

D- "Like flip her off or something, that will definitely like show her who is like her boss since we are boss ass B*tchasssssssss!!"

P- "Like totalllyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

*Flips Bird*

D-"Duuuuuude like OMG WTF, she is trying to ram me now!! Call the cops! We like didn't even do anything!!"

I'm not joking about this dialogue either. Get into a car with some early-mid 20's girls and this is how they will talk.

Taken directly from link/CHP.

"When the Mazda passenger made 'a rude hand gesture' toward the Explorer just west of the Gold Run rest area, Orozco pulled in front of the Mazda and slammed on the brakes, forcing the car to stop, according to a CHP news release."

I'm not saying what the psycho lady in the truck did was right at all, but if you are gonna do something that may egg on the situation, then cry when it escalates due to your actions? I think both parties are to blame here, but I do feel bad that they feared for their lives. If my girlfriend or sister were put into the same situation I'd be pretty pissed off.

I don't doubt to some degree there are two sides to this story. But getting out of your car to threaten someone and then make car to car contact in an attempt to run them off the road???

I've been the recipient of many a rude gesture on the road before...I'm usually deserving of them as I'm sure this lady was as well.

I agree with all you said Grant, but this is the kicker. Yeah, maybe they flipped her off. Yeah, maybe they're bratty teens. It would be different if all the lady does was flip them back off. They're more in fear for the obvious overreaction. Running someone off the road and endangering that many lives while going rogue is asinine.

They def aren't 100% innocent, but that lady went full on stupid.

Jesus, don't think I could listen to that Vanessa chick freak out another second. I gotta go w/Grant on this one. Don't instigate shit w/people and be surprised when they flip their shit. You wanna throw someone the finger, cut them off, or brake check them, etc? Go ahead, but know you may've just fucked with the wrong person today. Too many fuckin' crazies.

As far as this case is concerned, once they were scared from crazy lady they handled things accordingly, but I'm willing to bet they weren't 100% innocent. Crazy lady laser-focused on them for a reason.

I don't doubt to some degree there are two sides to this story. But getting out of your car to threaten someone and then make car to car contact in an attempt to run them off the road???

I've been the recipient of many a rude gesture on the road before...I'm usually deserving of them as I'm sure this lady was as well.

No doubt getting out of your car to threaten someone or trying to run them off the road is way out of line. As I said, psycho lady was in no way right in what she did, but I am sure these two did something to pull her trigger. When I have been given the bird I have deserved it, and even knowing that usually return the gesture :lolguy:.