College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why they play the Championships on a weekday...that shit pisses me off.

NFL Playoffs are going on during the weekend this time of year(Sat/Sun), no different than regular season where college and pro's are never on at the same time.

Rumors are swirling around that Chip Kelly has been in touch with Urban and issued the "11 steps to beat Oregon" system. While you would be lead to believe he would be and unlikely ally, he was run out of Oregon due to some shady practices and ethics, and did not end on great terms.

Additionally there is buzz around a X NFL defender turned analyst helping, and Herbie texting and adding support, a prominent PAC coach (Rich Rod...wouldn't that be ironic), all also lending some knowledge and advice.

Whether any of it is true or not, who cares. The buzz is enough to be curiously positive.

Finally THE VEST will be inducted into the CFHOF and be standing among a group of 5 at the coin flip.

Well, they certainly seem loose. And I like that.

I like when a team is genuine. If they are feeling confident, then I think it's appropriate to act confident. Not disrespectful - there's never any reason to do that (at least unprovoked) - but confident is fine. Not feeling confident? Okay, don't try to fake it. Just go about your business.

I like how this team's personality has evolved, which, I think, is directly related to Meyer. Ohio State truly has taken on the form of a mid-to-late 2000's SEC team: athletic, fast, lethal, deep at various positions that matter, and confident in their abilities to play with anyone, anywhere.

Well, they certainly seem loose. And I like that.

I like when a team is genuine. If they are feeling confident, then I think it's appropriate to act confident. Not disrespectful - there's never any reason to do that (at least unprovoked) - but confident is fine. Not feeling confident? Okay, don't try to fake it. Just go about your business.

I like how this team's personality has evolved, which, I think, is directly related to Meyer. Ohio State truly has taken on the form of a mid-to-late 2000's SEC team: athletic, fast, lethal, deep at various positions that matter, and confident in their abilities to play with anyone, anywhere.

+1. I've noticed that as well. This team seems more close and together than any Ohio State team I can think of.

Once a prized recruit, LB Trey Johnson is retiring from the game. A lot of people were wondering where he has been and what was going on, now they know, arthritis

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/01/48133/report-ohio-state-linebacker-trey-johnson-will-end-playing-career-because-of-arthritis

Tim Beck from Nebraska will be the next OC from what I'm hearing

I watched a lot of Nebraska this year with a lifelong Nebraska fan and he was never really a fan of Beck. I would have preferred the guy from ECU which was who I had read about a couple weeks ago (young, Texas ties) but this seems like a Warinner hire more than a Meyer hire. Beck and Warinner worked together at Kansas when they went 12-1 and put up over 44ppg. Sounds like Warinner will be taking over the playcalling as expected so Beck will just have to worry about coaching the QB's. Urban has as much say in the QB coaching and offense as any coach in the country though so it'll be fine.

Well, gentlemen, today's the day. For Ohio State fans, you can't ask for anything more than this: one win away from the ultimate prize.

True to form, I will be on the verge of an emotional meltdown later today. I welcome it, as it fits will all of my silly superstitiousness: for Ohio State to win, I must be on the verge of panic come kickoff.

Also, in keeping with the superstitious theme, I will be sitting at the exact same spot and wearing the exact same outfit that I was when Ohio State beat Alabama. Of course, my hair will look the same because, well, it always looks great. Thus, if we lose, then no one can say I didn't do my part.

Also, in keeping with the superstitious theme, I will be sitting at the exact same spot and wearing the exact same outfit that I was when Ohio State beat Alabama. Of course, my hair will look the same because, well, it always looks great. Thus, if we lose, then no one can say I didn't do my part.

You have bought a new vehicle since then. If we lose, I blame you. lol