College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

Respect.

"You must spread some reputation around..."

I tried. shrug.exe

My dad said it best, "The kid already has a legacy here that will last forever, all he can do by staying is hurt that legacy. Take the money and run my boy, and know that you do it with Buckeye nations blessing and sincere gratitude."

97.1 said just after the decision, "those saying his stock can never be higher are dumb. That's like saying, 'I've been driving for three days, I'm on the freeway for the first time, and I just hit 65 MPH. I CAN NEVER GO FASTER THAN THIS. Just because that's the fastest you've been thus far doesn't mean you CAN'T go faster. A better phrase might be, 'his stock HAS never been higher."

Even so, most had him going 4th round at best in the draft.

It much better to have a starter and clear back up. When you have two qb's people are going to want blood of the starter is under performing. Then qb 2 will start taking away time from qb 1 which doesn't end well and creates a lot of controversy.

I can't wait to troll next year :gabe:

See: Alabama

I'd rather have Cardale start; he's proven himself to be solid as a rock (well almost) in crazy stressfull games, shit, the only games hes played are playoffs/championships. While JB may be good, perhaps better then Jones, we still dont know how he will respond to the pressure of huge games.

Like MSU, who made us look silly last year while he was watching from the bench? Or an OT win against PSU?

Serious question for you osu fans. Do you think jones success was a product of a very good system? Like any qb could of gone in and been just as successful or was he the difference maker and why they were successful?

Bellisari couldn't have done that.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bama had no qb coming into the year. We had two to pick from. Now again we have no number 1 qb to start this year. Plus we lose Yeldon and cooper and Collins. Atleast we get to keep our punter

This year was a rebuilding year and this coming season is as well.

97.1 said just after the decision, "those saying his stock can never be higher are dumb. That's like saying, 'I've been driving for three days, I'm on the freeway for the first time, and I just hit 65 MPH. I CAN NEVER GO FASTER THAN THIS. Just because that's the fastest you've been thus far doesn't mean you CAN'T go faster. A better phrase might be, 'his stock HAS never been higher."

Even so, most had him going 4th round at best in the draft.

I was in no way saying that Cardale should go because he will never be better, that would be dumb. What I (and my pops) were saying is that, as far as "unfinished business" goes, he HAS none at OSU (athletically speaking). I am thrilled that he decided to come back, and I think that, if all goes his way, he will be an even better pick in the draft next year. But let's say we DON'T win another NC next year. 'Dale might be a better qb, but his legacy will be (albeit only slightly) tarnished.

"Legacy" and "Draftstock/ability" are NOT the same thing.

If you changed your analogy to say "I've been driving for three days, and I just won the Daytona 500, I'll NEVER drive better than this!" it would be a bit more accurate.

Bama had no qb coming into the year. We had two to pick from. Now again we have no number 1 qb to start this year. Plus we lose Yeldon and cooper and Collins. Atleast we get to keep our punter

Nobody cares about bama or your excuses.

As much as I love to hear Cardale stayed. He should have gone to the NFL. As a backup QB his stock won't be higher. Article I read said he would go 2nd or 3rd round. Go make that skrill before you get hurt.

Though I admire that he wanted to stay and be the first in his family to get a college degree. Can't hate the man for that.

As much as I love to hear Cardale stayed. He should have gone to the NFL. As a backup QB his stock won't be higher. Article I read said he would go 2nd or 3rd round. Go make that skrill before you get hurt.

Though I admire that he wanted to stay and be the first in his family to get a college degree. Can't hate the man for that.

Sure you can, he would prob also be the first millionaire in his family even at the NFL minimum after a few years. Most get a degree to make money. Good for OSU, bad for Cardale.

Hopefully he comes out and kills it next year, but JT is some stiff competition for that spot.

It was? ES(EC)PN didn't seem to think so. Neither did 'Bama. Remember this?

I was in no way saying that Cardale should go because he will never be better, that would be dumb. What I (and my pops) were saying is that, as far as "unfinished business" goes, he HAS none at OSU (athletically speaking). I am thrilled that he decided to come back, and I think that, if all goes his way, he will be an even better pick in the draft next year. But let's say we DON'T win another NC next year. 'Dale might be a better qb, but his legacy will be (albeit only slightly) tarnished.

"Legacy" and "Draftstock/ability" are NOT the same thing.

If you changed your analogy to say "I've been driving for three days, and I just won the Daytona 500, I'll NEVER drive better than this!" it would be a bit more accurate.

I can get on board with that.

Nobody cares about bama or your excuses.

:lolguy:

Also, I agree with Berto.

Welp, just paid 8 bucks for a copy of the dispatch on ebay because i didnt even bother looking yesterday. Apparently stores cant sell it to you the day after (UDF had a huge stack but refused to sell one to me.) Going to make a nice framed picture to put in the cave.

Got this yesterday. Dude paid a buck for the paper, sold it to me for 7.99 then paid 4.50 to ship it to me. Barely made a $1.50 profit... LOL.

Watched the game again last night. It's funny how much I remember considering the amount of beverage that was consumed. I am also glad that I was smart enough to record the two things after the game as I wouldn't have gotten to see the whole game without doing that.

PS.....Oregon has hot, chesty, cheerleaders :megusta:

Anyone have the recording of the spidercam thing? Zack maybe?

I think the spidercam thing was a WatchESPN only feature and I don't have that (yet - hurry the fuck up and activate that shit DirecTV). I have the regular game broadcast and the Film Room broadcast (Spielman, Miss. St. HC Dan Mullen, new Nebraska HC Mike Riley, etc., etc.) on my DVR.

I watched the ESPN Voices broadcast over a couple nights this week. Aaron Boone (baseball), Jay Bilas (college hoops), Julie Foudy (soccer), Barry Melrose (hockey), Mike Wilbon (NBA) and Mark Schlereth (NFL) were the commentators/watchers. Pretty fun broadcast. Wish Bilas would have spoken up more. Liked how Wilbon was doing just like he does on PTI and always looking for stats/rosters so when he said something it actually made sense. Obviously Schlereth knew the most about football. He, Boone and Foudy took Oregon, the other 3 took OSU (Wilbon is a Chicago/Northwestern guy, Bilas is just smart and Melrose's wife is from Ohio...lol). Schlereth did a good job of biting his tongue from time to time when one of the others would say something completely ridiculous or wrong about football but you could see it on his face. Pretty fun broadcast overall. I'll be watching the Film Room version sometime this weekend with a Nebraska friend since Mike Riley was on it. Have heard they did a nice job but Spielman was maybe a little too fired up and talked too much because of it. Not sure how ESPN didn't see that coming. Even Herbie was overly defensive of some OSU stuff during the broadcast which is so, so rare for him.

If you guys have U-Verse or TWC with ESPN then you should be able to watch any of these on WatchESPN. I'm just waiting for DirecTV's fresh agreement to kick in.

Also, someone else mentioned hearing some stuff about Braxton's arm being shot... I heard the same thing several weeks ago. Someone was at some OSU function with a bunch of former coaches/players and one of them came right out and said that. I can't remember if it was the Beat Michigan rally thing with Earle Bruce and all of them or what but just saying I've heard the same thing. I thought it was way too early to know for sure but reading it from other people now is interesting.

I think the spidercam thing was a WatchESPN only feature and I don't have that (yet - hurry the fuck up and activate that shit DirecTV). I have the regular game broadcast and the Film Room broadcast (Spielman, Miss. St. HC Dan Mullen, new Nebraska HC Mike Riley, etc., etc.) on my DVR.

I watched the ESPN Voices broadcast over a couple nights this week. Aaron Boone (baseball), Jay Bilas (college hoops), Julie Foudy (soccer), Barry Melrose (hockey), Mike Wilbon (NBA) and Mark Schlereth (NFL) were the commentators/watchers. Pretty fun broadcast. Wish Bilas would have spoken up more. Liked how Wilbon was doing just like he does on PTI and always looking for stats/rosters so when he said something it actually made sense. Obviously Schlereth knew the most about football. He, Boone and Foudy took Oregon, the other 3 took OSU (Wilbon is a Chicago/Northwestern guy, Bilas is just smart and Melrose's wife is from Ohio...lol). Schlereth did a good job of biting his tongue from time to time when one of the others would say something completely ridiculous or wrong about football but you could see it on his face. Pretty fun broadcast overall. I'll be watching the Film Room version sometime this weekend with a Nebraska friend since Mike Riley was on it. Have heard they did a nice job but Spielman was maybe a little too fired up and talked too much because of it. Not sure how ESPN didn't see that coming. Even Herbie was overly defensive of some OSU stuff during the broadcast which is so, so rare for him.

If you guys have U-Verse or TWC with ESPN then you should be able to watch any of these on WatchESPN. I'm just waiting for DirecTV's fresh agreement to kick in.

Also, someone else mentioned hearing some stuff about Braxton's arm being shot... I heard the same thing several weeks ago. Someone was at some OSU function with a bunch of former coaches/players and one of them came right out and said that. I can't remember if it was the Beat Michigan rally thing with Earle Bruce and all of them or what but just saying I've heard the same thing. I thought it was way too early to know for sure but reading it from other people now is interesting.

My sister has been an athletic trainer at the college lever for years and she commented during the Michigan game when the talked about Braxton, how he is more than likely done as a QB.

From what she said the type of injury he has is pretty much like a race horse that has broken its leg more than one time, it will never be the same and is pretty much made of glass at this point.

Oh and Joe Paterno is getting his wins back. Kinda disgusting in my opinion. At least he died thinking they were gone.

Whoa! Harsh. I love it. Don't let the apologists win my friend. Respect.

Personally, I reject the concept of being able to "vacate" wins. The past is the past. Results can't be changed.

Personally, I reject the concept of being able to "vacate" wins. The past is the past. Results can't be changed.

Yep. Tattoos didn't prevent us from beating Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl in... 2011?

Agreed. The dude won the games. No one will ever hear Joe Paterno's name again without thinking of the scandal, but at the end of the day, the games happened and they were won.

Same thing about our game vs Arkansas being vacated. Truly ridiculous- the game was played and the game was won. Tattoos did not help us win that game.

Mel Kiper said that if Cardale were to go this year he was 3rd round, if he came back, started at OSU he would most likely be top 5 pick...

Either way, the kid will get drafted next year and have a chance to earn a living in the NFL.

Here's something to think about, OSU could have 3 QB's drafted in the 2016 class. Barrett and Jones would both have to declare early, but it's possible. Imagine being able to pitch that to a qb recruit haha. Also, if Jones leaves after next year, which everyone now assumes he will, then the qb depth at OSU isn't as crowded as we once thought it would be

2016:

rJr Barrett (given he stays)

rSo Collier

rFR Burrow

rFR Gibson

FR 2016 class commit

2017:

rSR Barrett (imagine he would be gone at this point but maybe not)

rJR Collier

rSO Burrow

rSO Gibson

rFR 2016 commit

FR Danny Clark

We don't even know if Gibson will end up a QB here at OSU, many feel he ends up a WR. So while right now it looks like OSU has a wealth of riches, in a year or two it could be back to normal where there isn't a ton of QB's on the roster.

As of last night, the WatchESPN app has the NC game from the spidercam available to watch. I've alternated between watching a replay of it and the traditional telecast last couple of nights.

Also, count me as a another person who thinks vacating wins is stupid.

"ESPN has it's early predictions out for next years playoffs. The Buckeyes have the most votes (36 out of 37 "experts" picked them, only some guy named Sam Khan Jr left them out, and had Mich St in). Buckeyes were followed by TCU (32), USC (23), and Bama (17)."

As Zack and I have said a few times, the 2016 and 2017 classes are going to be absolutely insane for Ohio State. The 2016 class could have them landing the 1, 3 and 4 running backs in the country haha.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Kareem-Walker-Wont-Keep-Demario-McCall-From-Being-A-Buckeye-34795348