riding gear

that dude

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that a GSX-R is a fine machine. Hell' date=' I used to own one. I am not arguing that fact. I'm just not comfortable with allowing myself to be associated with the other jackasses that own them.[/quote']

i cant make everyone happy :grin:

You do know the amount they have to pay out due to injuries is a variable when determining the costs for motorcycle (any really) insurance right????

That includes the amounts they pay out when your bike gets blown over by the wind or by a jag off at the mall.... You can't blame your rates on those that have been injured or don't wear what you consider adequate gear.

I wear gear all year no matter what. I have a product that I wear and sell, its a Hyper kewl vest. you soak it in water for 2 minutes put it on under your gear and it keeps your upper body cool for 5 hours. plus keeping hydrated helps also.

I fully support and will fight for people's rights to wear whatever they want, even if riding without gear or with half-assed gear is (IMHO) fucking stupid.

And, I won't ride with someone who isn't wearing at least a good jacket gloves & helmet. I've had to stop on the road when some dumb shit learned about his mortality the hard way, and I've seen brains mixed with a balled up bike. I've seen a girl writhing in screams and agony with rash up the length of her body.

I'm for god-damned sure not going to watch an acquaintance put themselves through that, and involve me too.

Sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't.

THIS. A good friend of mine that helped me get into motos told me this: "Heat doesn't break bones, asphalt does."

Please wear your stuff, people. When you run into Miss "85MPH on the freeway while on a cellphone and doing her makeup", you'll wish you had it.

If you would like more proof, look up the term dermabrasion. It's the most fool-proof way to get the asphalt and whatever else out of your road rash. If you think that getting a sander put directly to your skin is better than riding with gear, then so be it.

wear what ya want .. you keep me employed when Ya dont wear your gear!!!!!

Me I am wearing mine... Jacket, gloves, Boots and jeans.. and I cant think of anyone that I ride with that dont wear a helmet and Jacket at minimum!!!

I have been a medic for a lot of years and have seen my share of bike accidents, and the ones not wearing their gear make a mess of my truck every time!! :nono: