ticket for failure to yield to a stop sign

PRD2BDF

So last night I got pulled over for failure to yield to a stop sign by a trooper.

I thought I stopped but I guess his perception of what a stop looks like is different. Oh well.

Im just wondering if anyone had any experience getting this ticket to drop or changed to a non-moving violation. My speeding ticket dropped off in January and I would like to try to keep it this way.

If I'm shit out of luck then so be it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same BS ticket a few months ago(over at the Lewis center Kohls stop sign). I went ahead paid it and have moved on. It was the first ticket I had in 25 years, yes I was pissed. Edited by RS69

I got the same BS ticket a months ago(over at the Lewis center Kohls stop sign). I went ahead paid it and have moved on. It was the first ticket I had in 25 years, yes I was pissed.

Was this a stop sign as you enter/exit the store? I roll stops signs like that all the time. If there's no one coming from any direction, I'm lucky to even slow let alone stop. Lucky I suppose.

Regarding these tickets, I regualarly stop at a sign behind someone who is well over the actual stooping point. As I am technically where you should stop I tend to leave directed following the car in front of me. Can I be ticketed for this? I am stopped where I should be, I check for other cars.

I got the same BS ticket a months ago(over at the Lewis center Kohls stop sign). I went ahead paid it and have moved on. It was the first ticket I had in 25 years, yes I was pissed.

Possibly the same trooper that patrols the rear of the Wal-Mart there...those mean streets are full of evildoers ;(

Regarding these tickets, I regualarly stop at a sign behind someone who is well over the actual stooping point. As I am technically where you should stop I tend to leave directed following the car in front of me. Can I be ticketed for this? I am stopped where I should be, I check for other cars.

I've always wondered this, too. I'm guessing discretion of the officer. I wouldn't push it, but if it happened, I'd fight it. Probably just get thrown out at that point.

It was 11pm at night, no one was on the roads. I performed a full stop for a quick second because I didn't see the point in stopping for three seonds then proceed. It wasn't a rolling stop but it could have looked like one.

It was 11pm at night, no one was on the roads. I performed a full stop for a quick second because I didn't see the point in stopping for three seonds then proceed. It wasn't a rolling stop but it could have looked like one.

So you admit to breaking the law and still complain about a ticket?

The law is the law regardless of how much traffic is out.

"There wasn't much traffic out officer so I thought I could drink and drive"

"Not much traffic out tonight officer, so I figured a few street races wouldn't hurt"

"Not much traffic out tonight officer, so I figured a few street races wouldn't hurt"

I didntnsay I broke the law. I said I did a full stop but it wasnt for the required three seconds. I am not complaining, I am just asking if there is any way I could get the ticket to turn into a non-moving violation so that it doesn't show up on my insurance.

Edited by PRD2BDF

Go to court, and chances are, the prosecutor will likely plead your ticket down to just court costs and no points. They know people show up to court to try and keep their license clean. If you go as far as standing before the judge, just request to plead no contest in exchange for points dropping off. Did it about 3-4 times and worked every time. I am an automotive technician and points are frowned upon by employers

My wife got pulled over last week for " driving too slow" on 270. Heres the kicker. She was BEHIND the sherriff going 65.... i still cant figure that one out. She didnt get a ticket but wtf?

Good to know all other crime in Franklin County has been cleared up if they're going after this triflin' shit.

Go fly a kite

5-7 years ago I got a ticketed for a "California roll", went in front of the judge & got it knocked down to a non-moving violation. With the reduced charge came a reduced fine but with court costs I still ended up paying about the same. Of course I save $ by not collecting any points. The whole process took less than an hour in Franklin Co & I got to el oh el at people showing up to a court hearing in sweat pants.

Save these kinds of snarky comments for someone who actually is trying to act incredulously with respect to a ticket.

My wife got pulled over last week for " driving too slow" on 270. Heres the kicker. She was BEHIND the sherriff going 65.... i still cant figure that one out. She didnt get a ticket but wtf?

What did your wife say the cop said when she got pulled over?

Despite this sucking for you and your wife I support the idea of this. It's always annoying to have traffic bunched up around a cop car since everyone is scared to drive any faster than the cop, even if that means going slower than the speed limit.

I understand why people do it but, in my experiences, its unnecessary with CPD guys. Just like getting clocked at 5 mph over the speed limit typically does not result in a ticket.

What did your wife say the cop said when she got pulled over?

Despite this sucking for you and your wife I support the idea of this. It's always annoying to have traffic bunched up around a cop car since everyone is scared to drive any faster than the cop, even if that means going slower than the speed limit.

I understand why people do it but, in my experiences, its unnecessary with CPD guys. Just like getting clocked at 5 mph over the speed limit typically does not result in a ticket.

Years ago, I passed an Highway patrol car who was going 64 in the right lane. I was going 65. He pulled me over, reamed me out for ten minutes and still give me a ticket.

So i have been in portland for the last week and I will be recieving a Red Light ticket, which im pretty pissed about. Apparently, in portland a Yellow light is a functioning red light. I was warned by my friend that the red light cameras were everywhere so i was VERY aware of them. She never mentioned the "fucntioning yellow" till i told her what had happened.

I went through on a yellow light as i normally would have and in hindsight even if I would have slammed my brakes and that would have stopped me mid intersection and scarred the crap out of the kids i had in the backseat.

Im not very happy to know i will be receiving this. It was defintly me that it took the picture of, but apparently thats the law in PDX. Fuck those cameras.

Years ago, I passed an Highway patrol car who was going 64 in the right lane. I was going 65. He pulled me over, reamed me out for ten minutes and still give me a ticket.

Seriously.....reamed you out.....last thing a cop is going to do is lecture me. I'd have a fun time with that one.

Yes. Would it stick if you took it to court? Who knows.

I didntnsay I broke the law. I said I did a full stop but it wasnt for the required three seconds. I am not complaining, I am just asking if there is any way I could get the ticket to turn into a non-moving violation so that it doesn't show up on my insurance.

You actually did say you broke the law, as you said, I didn't stop for 3 full seconds, that, is breaking the law. I am with you, it sucks, but, there are a lot of guys out there who use these stops as fishing expeditions.

I have been stopped for window tint, license plate issues, loud exhaust etc....., every time it's the same shit, I know why I got stopped, they are looking for alcohol violations, drug use, warrants....

I have also gotten speed camera tickets, my opinion, I own it, I pay the fine, I should know better, but we all do stupid shit.