College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack pm'd when the braxton news broke and warned me this was coming. Looks like Braxton will be starting at H Back vs Va Tech

I really would think Samuel would be the #1 H Back now

He could be, I just think Braxton is too good of an athlete to not start.

But he has absolutely no experience playing off the ball. I think he gets time, but I think Samuel is the safe pick for game #1

But he has absolutely no experience playing off the ball. I think he gets time, but I think Samuel is the safe pick for game #1

Yeah, I think I agree with this. Braxton has been doing various WR drills for months but, like you said, zero in-game experience as anything other than a QB. I don't like the idea of him getting his feet wet against a Bud Foster coached defense.

Unless Braxton absolutely blows people away in fall camp as an H-back, I'm going with Samuel getting the bulk of those reps vs. VT. Then guys like Braxton and Parris Campbell come into the mix.

Heard this on the radio just driving to get some lunch... Marshall, Wilson and Smith had the 2nd, 3rd and 4th most receiving yards of returning players. Thomas is obviously #1. After that it's Zeke at 5, Vannett at 6 and Samuel at 7.

I think Vannett has a chance to make a huge impact on this game with an experienced QB back there this time around. Heuerman was hobbled all last year with a foot injury, fought through it and wasn't as effective as a receiver as people may have expected. Vannett had some big catches in the playoffs including the short TD to take the lead vs. Oregon. With such young WR's I wouldn't be surprised to see him with around 40 catches this season.

Thread on 11W is saying more suspensions, 7 total. What day you doods with insider info?

from that thread

In his B1G Media Days press conference, Urban specifically said they waited until the Media Days to announce the suspensions so it would be a 1-day news story and they could move on. Wouldn't make sense to not announce them all at once.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rumor was something like 5-7 a month or more ago but it eventually came down to 4 within the last couple weeks and those 4 ended up being correct.

I don't know who the other 1-3 people were in that original 5-7 number but either they got their shit cleared up or they're still working on clearing it up. One name I have seen floating around is Darron Lee and that would be for academics. Would be pretty surprising to me if it's true just because of the kind of kid he seems to be but that's the only other name I've seen.

Like LJ said, it wouldn't make sense not to announce them all at once unless there's still a chance a potential academic casualty could right his situation before the season starts.

Main writer for 11w posted this today in regards to Hall:

"Since it's out there on another site right now – one that I know wouldn't have run it without consent from the coaching staff – here's a bit more info on what happened with Hall.

First, he did not tell the OSU staff he was visiting Alabama the week prior to Friday Night Lights. Not only did he not tell them he was going, but when it was discovered he played it off like it was a short trip – it was a week long.

Second, OSU had set up a tour/academics presentation for Terrell on Thursday before FNL: he did not show up.

Third, when he finally arrived at OSU on Friday, just minutes before FNL began, he was aloof and distant from his (then) future teammates.

Fourth, on Saturday morning following FNL Hall showed up at the WHAC wearing Bama gear. Yes, committed to OSU, where he was visiting, wearing Bama gear at the WHAC.

Facts are: OSU would still take him if he wanted to come back, but they won't chase"

See ya later!!