Columbus Crew

zeitgeist57

Last night, I went with a neighbor and our daughters to the Crew/Philadelphia Union game. Not a huge sports guy myself, but Mapfre Stadium is a great venue, and the game was great to watch. The Hudson Street Hooligans are a crazy group of fans too...really high spirits in that stadium and it was a great vibe. :)

http://i.imgur.com/2mm8O9e.jpg

As always, the beer is pricey but it's at least Land Grant (1862 Ale is very tasty and not hoppy). If you haven't gone to a Crew game, I went on the worst spring night possible and gave my daugher a vuvuzela...everyone still had a great time. Winning and getting half-off Papa John's today (Code: WIN) helps as well. :)

Season Ticket holder here (In the corner, with Hudson Street Hooligans/Crew Union)

Glad to hear you had a good time! The game day experience has been so much better since the new ownership came in. Having better beer and food options (mmm, Hot Chicken Takeover) and better on-field play makes it a much easier purchase for me.

Poor Philadelphia:dumb:, they really do suck. Impressive backflips by their player, though.

1) It's not Mapfre Stadium. It's Crew Stadium. I don't care what the banners say, it will always be Crew Stadium.

2) The Crew are fucking awesome. When my parents lived here we had season tix about 10 rows up at midfield, was a fantastic weekly family event. The fact that they're constantly expanding parking/improving the stadium experience is awesome.

3) Fuck Chicago Fire.

4) Toronto's fans are cool as fuck for a visiting team.

5) I can't remember if they still do it, but Fado (at Easton) used to do a deal where for $25 you got a Nordecke ticket, a ride to the game from Fado, and all the beer you could drink from the keg on the bus. Best deal in sports history.