My new ST

Ackbar00

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have had to have the GXP's trans rebuilt this past December.....

Steering wheel in this is awesome! I love the heated feature :)

Got my Turbosmart BOV installed on it today. Just going to do the FSwerks shifter deal and that will be it for awhile.

I might have had to have the GXP's trans rebuilt this past December.....

Steering wheel in this is awesome! I love the heated feature :)

Got my Turbosmart BOV installed on it today. Just going to do the FSwerks shifter deal and that will be it for awhile.

The shifter makes a huge difference, I went with the Cobb version a long time ago and never looked back.

Might as well get a green filter to install while you're taking the air box out (necessary for shifter plate) to let it breathe a little better. Lets you hear the turbo spool a lot better too.

Focusst.org is your new best friend.

I put the Roush airbox on, it came with a K&N type filter. Also got the shifter cable bracket washers when I ordered the shifter plate. Just wanted to do simple things in case it had to go back to the dealer and I had to take it back to stock quickly.

Got registered there a week or so ago, been doing a lot of reading. For the most part, lot of good info.

I put the Roush airbox on, it came with a K&N type filter. Also got the shifter cable bracket washers when I ordered the shifter plate. Just wanted to do simple things in case it had to go back to the dealer and I had to take it back to stock quickly.

Got registered there a week or so ago, been doing a lot of reading. For the most part, lot of good info.

I can't imagine them denying warranty work for anything like that. I've had that + APv2 (which I sold, will be getting a V3 soon) and not been hassled for warranty stuff.

Nice pick up! I'm currently trying to decide between this and a new WRX. Wife says we HAVE to get leather and a sunroof. We could definitely save money by going with one of these, and everything I've read makes them seem like a ton of fun. Just trying to weigh if getting one of these fully loaded is worth losing AWD.

Ha! I've watched that like 3 times now. I also agree about the interior. I really need to go test drive one. I've had a WRX before and more or less know what to expect. I'm kind of thinking the ST will be more fun to drive given the "theater" of it. I've heard they had rear motor mount issues, is that fixed on newer models? I've never had a Ford, just want something that'll fit the dogs, and eventually a kid, and not make me want to die when I drive it. Plus the features my wife required lol.

I have not climbed under the car to take a look yet. If it wasn't, I was just going to put a E Focus one in there.

You're fine. They replaced all the crap mounts with the E-Focus mount last year.

Yay more STs! Nice pick up, the white fits the 15 models pretty well I think.

I have not climbed under the car to take a look yet. If it wasn't, I was just going to put a E Focus one in there.

Yup, you got the efocus. I haven't had any crazy issues with mine mount wise, it will bang on a hard 1st to 2nd shift, but I fixed that problem by just not launching the car.

What do you guys think would be a good price for a 2015 ST3? I'm in DC, think it would be cheaper to head home to Ohio? That's where I'll register it anyway.

Everyone gets 'em for the same price and incentives are determined by where you title it, so you can theoretically get the same price anywhere.

If I didn't work for a dealer I'd buy from Fiji ST

Everyone gets 'em for the same price and incentives are determined by where you title it, so you can theoretically get the same price anywhere.

If I didn't work for a dealer I'd buy from Fiji ST

I'll go on record saying that's false. Having bought 2 new fords in the last year, one being my focus st3, prices vary GREATLY by even driving across Ohio. Not saying not to buy from Fiji, he's a great guy, but definitely shop around. Just an fyi the dealer I got my car from has a 2015 st3 loaded for a hair over 27k on their website. Having not done any research I'm not sure if that's a good price but my 2014 st3 was a few grand cheaper back in January 2014 when I bought it.

Ymmv, my .02.

What do you guys think would be a good price for a 2015 ST3? I'm in DC, think it would be cheaper to head home to Ohio? That's where I'll register it anyway.

If you can find them, you can get some good deals on new 14s. Since they changed the body style, the 14s going quite a bit cheaper.

Unless you're set on a 15 of course.

If you can find them, you can get some good deals on new 14s. Since they changed the body style, the 14s going quite a bit cheaper.

Unless you're set on a 15 of course.

Dat flat-bottom wheel doh :masturboy:

Thanks guys, maybe he'll see this and chime in. I haven't driven one yet, but it's between an ST and a WRX. The ST just seems to make more sense as far as money and space/practicality go.

Also keep in mind that there may be different rebates in different regions too.

TrueCar (for whatever that's worth) seems to be very similar DC to Columbus. Whereas for the WRX it's a good bit more expensive in Columbus than DC.

The dealer up the street has a red '15 ST3 w/o moon roof for just under 25k, then a few others still w/o moon roof listed at like 29k...wtf?! Is the red like possessed or something?