Who rides a red F4i on OSU campus?

Paddy O Furniture

I saw an OR sticker on the windscreen; no helmet on though. =/

No one's perfect man. I know your not trying to preach, but ultimately it's his decision. I wear a helmet all the time and have been caught once or twice without one over the season. (last year)

Saw him riding away on 17th turning on to college. I should have said I wasn't trying to preach; more like tough love. =)

No big deal. I know you weren't trying to preach. And i understand it can be of concern to see someone without a helmet.

I'm still wondering if anyone is gonna let us in on who it was.

Today was the second day in a row I've seen people on bikes with shorts, shirt, sandals, and no helmet/hat/eyewear at all. How the hell do these douchebags not get pulled over? No helmet is legal, but you HAVE to have something over your eyes. I don't think I could physically ride without sunglasses at the minimum...dust is downright blinding at 25 mph or higher.

Wear a MFing helmet people. It's not that hard to put it on and take it off, and it'll save your life.

Edited by Harb67

Today was the second day in a row I've seen people on bikes with shorts, shirt, sandals, and no helmet/hat/eyewear at all. How the hell do these douchebags not get pulled over? No helmet is legal, but you HAVE to have something over your eyes. I don't think I could physically ride without sunglasses at the minimum...dust is downright blinding at 25 mph or higher.

Wear a MFing helmet people. It's not that hard to put it on and take it off, and it'll save your life.

I agree with everything you said. It really is stupid to not wear a helmet, and it's not like it's hard. I think the biggest factor me, is the time it takes to pull on and off. Then again, that one time you decide not to wear it...could be fatal. I honestly have no idea how people can ride without eye wear as well. Maybe it's because i wear contacts and my eyes are a little more sensitive, but that's just asking for big issues there. What if a pebble, or bug gets stuck in your eye?

Yes, the strange thing was that he took the time to put on his red and white textile/leather jacket. I don't expect the person to come out and admit who it was, but it doesn't put OR.net in the best light (IMHO). I think most people who post regularly here seem like responsible riders, at least when it comes to gear. Perhaps I'm reading too much into one incident as well. =)

most likely they don't ride that far, not far enough to have the potential to pass an officer.

and ill bet the officer can think of better things to do than pull over a biker on his way to campus for not wearing eye protection.

like masterbate in the 7-11 parking lot?

Thoughts on - Is it OK to not wear a helmet if you're going 1-2 miles?

Like, for instance, if your going 1-2 miles to the haircut place. And you don't want a bunch of haircut clippings inside your lid.

I would wear a hat of some sort under my helmet to create a "hair barrier" then promptly wash the hair clippings out of the "hair barrier". =)

sounds like words of experience to me...

I wish!!! It would be so awesome to be a cop. Many of the OSU cops make six figures with their overtime and "special duty". When I see them just parked somewhere, I can help but think to myself I wish I could sit around and masterbate at work.

Thoughts on - Is it OK to not wear a helmet if you're going 1-2 miles?

Like, for instance, if your going 1-2 miles to the haircut place. And you don't want a bunch of haircut clippings inside your lid.

I personally will never ride without a helmet for even that short of a distance.

Most accidents happen on short trips around town like that, and a slight inconvience just isn't worth it to me.

I wish!!! It would be so awesome to be a cop. Many of the OSU cops make six figures with their overtime and "special duty". When I see them just parked somewhere, I can help but think to myself I wish I could sit around and masterbate at work.

I wouldnt say many, but a few do. But you can do that anywhere when you live at work :D