Back in the "car game"

caseyctsv

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! What's life going to be on the valvetrain? You're going to be replacing springs more often than spark plugs with that cam, but it will be oh-so worth it.

Guy that runs the shop that put it in said, depending on use, should last 30-40k. It has top of the line dual springs and titanium retainers. I may go ahead and do it this winter to be safe.

A set of BTR springs should have no problem going 30k+

You got it right though - oh so worth it. This thing turns heads like nomother car I have ever driven. Every red blooded male has to smile. It sounds so pissed off. Not too bad in the car as well which is surprising.

When you started looking did you go in search of a modded car?

Absolutely not. I was looking for a lower mileage stock car. Something about this one just sucked me in.

When this thing is idling and it sets into a lope the whole car shakes. It is awesome :). I cannot believe I was worried about t being "too big".

Hit up NHRATA on here when you really want to gain some HP. He picked up quite a few CFM on my heads.

It will be a while - this thing is violent as is with the 6M and 4.10 gears. The rear is a bit whiny so I will probably have to have the rear redone.

Take away 1000 lbs, and add 350whp.

Welcome to my semi-miserable traction-less existence. :mad:

Dude I cannot imagine what you are comfortable with - I am not embarrassed to say I am a little scared of this one right now. Give me a week and I will be over it and beating on it as I should.

It will be a while - this thing is violent as is with the 6M and 4.10 gears. The rear is a bit whiny so I will probably have to have the rear redone.

check what bushings are in it. if it has stiff poly or delrin, they tend to be loud. Rubber or some of the softer poly will quiet things down.

Nice ! Glad it all worked out. I love that shaking at a stoplight. Sometimes I wonder what the person next to me is thinking.

So true. This thing really drives well - I was worried for no reason. It is a little tricky starting on a hill but fine otherwise.

I do need to figure out the rear end - I know they can be a little noisy but this one seems to be noisier than others I have been in. You really cannot hear it unless you are in 5th going 45-55 MpH at steady throttle. It is pretty loud at that point but it goes silent if I just give it more throttle or speed up a bit. I have some research ahead of me.