2 post lift recommendations

Hwilli1647545487

I'm going to be buying a two post lift for my home shop here soon. Looking for some recommendations/real world experience from people who have one. Features to look for etc

This will be used primarily for hobbiest/personal use. Though I am a buy once/cry once kind of guy.

Thanks,

Howard

Rotary lifts are worth the extra money IMHO. I've used plenty of lifts, and they have always seemed to be the most durable and the most sturdy. Challenger is a fine lift but a slight step down from a rotary. Knock off versions, like we have a couple of at Lash, are the ones that we've had to repair recently for major parts breaking off. The rotary lifts in my bays have been fantastic and are at least 10 years old in a high traffic shop.

I would prefer low profile arms for my home lift, and screw adjustment pads but wouldn't break a deal for me. 220v will operate much faster as well, but this depends on your needs and if you want to go the extra mile for that. Hope you get something that works out well for you.

I have a challenger lift in my garage and a bendpack 4 post lift. Both are nice but I like the Challenger lift.

From a few people ive talked with if you are going to get a lift you will want Challenger, Rotary or Mohawk. those are your only real options for a two post lift.

If you want to bring a car by your welcome to try out the challenger at our garage.

New or used is the question. I have a Challenger which I bought used. It is a pretty good lift and is better than the new hobby ones. Overall, I believe presently Rotary makes the best if you can afford one or find one used. Edited by RS69

Looking for some recommendations/real world experience from people who have one. Features to look for etc

Gentlemen, take note:

Rotary lifts are worth the extra money IMHO. I've used plenty of lifts, and they have always seemed to be the most durable and the most sturdy. Challenger is a fine lift but a slight step down from a rotary. Knock off versions, like we have a couple of at Lash, are the ones that we've had to repair recently for major parts breaking off. The rotary lifts in my bays have been fantastic and are at least 10 years old in a high traffic shop.

I would prefer low profile arms for my home lift, and screw adjustment pads but wouldn't break a deal for me. 220v will operate much faster as well, but this depends on your needs and if you want to go the extra mile for that. Hope you get something that works out well for you.

I believe this is the EXACT type of post Howard was looking for.

We have 15-16 Rotary's that are used for 9 hrs daily. I cant tell you the last time we ever had an issue with one. We get them serviced/maintained about once a year. We have new arms installed about every 10 years. Good lifts. Its what I would buy if I wanted a full size 2 post.

We use Rotary lifts at work and they work great. I can't specifically recall some of the other brands I've seen in garages, but I've run across some bad ones from the places being cheap and putting in cheap lifts and from a lack of maintenance, poor fixes. Don't skimp on maintenance or getting it fixed right if there is an issue. This is a life saving/risking device. I'm sure the other ones Scott and Patrick suggested are good, I trust their opinions on stuff like this, I just don't recall any specific experience with those.

Make sure it's sized right for what you want to do. There is almost nothing more frustrating than trying to put a car on a lift it wasn't designed for, or installed correctly for. I've had to put cars on lifts where you have to put it withing a few inches or less spot or the arms won't line up right. Really frustrating and time wasting. Also, if you can try to make it so it's easy to get in and out of the car door when it's on the lift, that's a plus. We can slide in and out of car windows easily now, but what about 20 years from now?

Did you finally decide which part of the garage to put it in? I don't think we got a chance to talk about it at your part, but I did chat about it with Greg for a bit.