Bought it.. AND drove it 450 miles home

ItzaME

Found out I had off Friday, so made a move

'68 converted into an '82 low mileage 3.0 liter air cooled..

tons of receipts, including 5k just for a sunroof install..

Lets just say I got it for ~half my budget so it was perfect example of what I was looking for. The hard part of the build is pretty much complete. Nowhere near perfect by all means, could use a new paint job after some body work is touched up, but I'd rate it a 7/10 due to few stress cracks. Old fuse box/wiring will be updated and finishing interior is also on the list. Runs and drives great for an almost 50 year old car. Was a very wealthy mans car that was being built for his son that went off to college and then traded in a 6+ car trade to the guy I bought it from. Should have took some pics of his other toys Lol.. If for some reason I decide to sell it along the way, I should have no problem making my money back if not easily make profit on it..

Thanks for all the support :gabe:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/minyskater/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshxeklvsl.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/minyskater/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpswqtabj98.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a '68 be converted to an '82? Am I wrong in thinking it'd be worth more in the original '68 trim?

Nope your right but its all depending on when the conversion was done and who was doing it. I personally was looking for the newer wide look but original trim does fetch pretty pennys also.

Mid life crisis at 20.

lol just defying the odds not your typical Porsche driver

I wonder what this one would fetch on the salvage market

I've been watching many damaged salvage ones for years and the prices I've saw made it a no brainer purchasing this one.

I'm awaiting until geeto gets in here and gives us the history of a 68 and a 82. Then explains financially why this was a good or bad move. To be finished up by explaining how a portion of the money spent on the sunroof swap landed in the hands of ISIS. Until then, nice pickup!
  • Upvote 1