Bought it.. AND drove it 450 miles home

ItzaME

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventures are fun.

All good now. Got underneath after work & checked voltage, everything looked good so I told my buddy to turn the key while I tapped the starter a few times and bing she started right up.. Probably will rebuild it sooner or later but running good for now. Will upgrade to a high torque starter down the road.

Edited by ItzaMe

• 4 weeks later...

"Never thought Id be selling the car but have an oppurtnunity to jump on something that I won't find again. Only trades id be interested in is MKIV supra OR Acura NSX."

Setting aside the timing of the car's sale, this one line confuses me: if there is a once-in-a-blue-moon "opportunity" OP wants to jump on, would including the line about trading for a Supra or NSX be the only thing stopping you from that blue-moon deal?

It'd be like me saying "I met this girl, she's my gift from God. My soulmate. We we're made for each other. I'm getting married..............unless you're a blonde 5'9" sub-135lb model with blue eyes. Then, I'm willing to negotiate.":lol:

"Never thought Id be selling the car but have an oppurtnunity to jump on something that I won't find again. Only trades id be interested in is MKIV supra OR Acura NSX."

Setting aside the timing of the car's sale, this one line confuses me: if there is a once-in-a-blue-moon "opportunity" OP wants to jump on, would including the line about trading for a Supra or NSX be the only thing stopping you from that blue-moon deal?

It'd be like me saying "I met this girl, she's my gift from God. My soulmate. We we're made for each other. I'm getting married..............unless you're a blonde 5'9" sub-135lb model with blue eyes. Then, I'm willing to negotiate.":lol:

And anyone willing to trade their NSX for that FrankenPorsche needs their fucking head examined.

OP is a car flipper. I get it, he changes cars like most of the Cr membership changes underwear (once a month - zing!). It is not a particularly favorable thing to be to car guys because, frankly most of us kinda fetishize our cars a little bit so the concept that they are easily discarded isn't always welcome. Also it tends to offend the long term marque specific guys because they are looked at as "tourists" in the hobby.

Whatever the OP is doing it seems to be working for him, although I don't know how well he knows any of these cars as he doesn't have them for long, but he seems to be having fun....so....give him a break.

ya know, everyone gets bored with their car, some just get bored quicker than others. CL ads are what they are - they have to have some kind of contradiction or insanity in them or they are not credible. That being said I do want to know what this "opportunity" is? I am fascinated by things people say they can't pass up.

google his phone number (from his ad).

Seems to flip a fuck ton of vehicles....

I don't get the feeling that he's ever hidden that from CR. Hiding it from John Law to avoid the legal ramifications of being a curbstoner, maybe, but I don't hold it against the guy if he wants to fix up beaters and sell them.

Profit is not a dirty word.

I don't get the feeling that he's ever hidden that from CR. Hiding it from John Law to avoid the legal ramifications of being a curbstoner, maybe, but I don't hold it against the guy if he wants to fix up beaters and sell them.

Profit is not a dirty word.

I have no issue with people making dollars. I have issues with people saying one thing and doing another.

The car is a 912 not a 911. Then to add the 86 body kit and motor swap, should be interesting to see what it sells for.

An all original 912 would be worth a lot more I'd think. No one pays top dollar for a Russian mail order bride with a heart transplant.

Whats the specific issue you have with this listing? Description seems accurate?

The ad seemed to be a typical "I hate to sell my baby but an opportunity of a lifetime has presented itself" instead of a "I have a car for sale" ad.

Again, my impression is omission of the actual intent. Trust me, I'm not losing sleep over old ugly hipster porsches....

Let's just say I can visualize who this guy is, what he looks like, and how he does business.

The ad seemed to be a typical "I hate to sell my baby but an opportunity of a lifetime has presented itself" instead of a "I have a car for sale" ad.

Again, my impression is omission of the actual intent. Trust me, I'm not losing sleep over old ugly hipster porsches....

Let's just say I can visualize who this guy is, what he looks like, and how he does business.

Bingo. The whole "sell my baby yada yada yada" scheme is just the usual cover up so the guy doesn't look like a flipper in case somebody that knows him and the car see's the ad.

If the add is materially accurate, the rest is just a "sales pitch". If that's his pitch and it works, more power to him IMO. I would only have issue if he was trying to misrepresent the car.

There's nothing wrong with flipping cars, especially if you're acquiring low and passing on some deals to the community. Pad your pocket, help out fellow enthusiasts, what could be better? This guy's an ass and it's why I flamed all his threads and got shit on by the admins. 10k salvage pooparu LOL :dumb:

There's nothing wrong with flipping cars, especially if you're acquiring low and passing on some deals to the community. Pad your pocket, help out fellow enthusiasts, what could be better? This guy's an ass and it's why I flamed all his threads and got shit on by the admins. 10k salvage pooparu LOL :dumb:

Bingo as well. Nothing wrong with flipping cars/anything but do it the right way and be straight forward.

If the add is materially accurate, the rest is just a "sales pitch". If that's his pitch and it works, more power to him IMO. I would only have issue if he was trying to misrepresent the car.

Call it a hunch... I believe that you are getting lost in the minutiae...

Bingo as well. Nothing wrong with flipping cars/anything but do it the right way and be straight forward.

That is .. as you say.. a "bingo".

I love money. I grind. I do business as straight as humanly possible as well. This guy isn't/hasn't in his Porsche ad in my opinion (which I believe I am entitled to have).

you want to flip cars? Flip cars... just don't act like you have your life's work into the Porsche that you are selling and that you have spotted a new love affair that you'd like to get into. Clearly not the case if we were placing bets or giving our best "guess" if guns were to our proverbial heads.

Can you elaborate as to how he is an ass?

I read all the same threads you did and despite being a car flipper and honestly kind of terrible at taking pics and writing ads (which looked like laziness more than deception to me) I didn't see anything that indicated he was being dishonest.

if you don't like is price the simple solution is not to buy it. If enough agree with you he'll have to change it. Or are you just insulted that he asked for more money than you thought his car was worth?