From ST to GT

Dr. Apex

Very nice! So its like a base 5.0 as possible with a manual? Thats awesome! Do you still have the ST? Surprised you didnt hold onto the ST until the RS's came out, or were you tired of them? Im really lookin forward to the RS's. AWD Turbo making 300's seems bad! Unless you wanted a RWD car or a Mustang over a Focus RS.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Very cool color and perfectly optioned.

Very nice! How many owners of each type of car are on the forum? Do we even track that? Would be cool to see how many F-Body, Mustangs, etc. there are.

I have definitely noticed the increase in Mustangs the last few years, especially since the new one came out. I have always thought of myself as a person who would never even consider a Mustang, but the new ones have come so far so quickly.

Congratulations! Very cool color and perfectly optioned.

I have definitely noticed the increase in Mustangs the last few years, especially since the new one came out. I have always thought of myself as a person who would never even consider a Mustang, but the new ones have come so far so quickly.

Yeah Ford has been stepping there game up since the new 5.0's came out. Motor, Interior, All of it has really been stepped up alot. And with the new ones that are supposed to be a LOT better at handling. The GT350 and GT350R as an example, those things are a DAMN good mustang. Never would of thought Ford to really change the mustang up so much lately. Finally making it the car it should be.

I have always thought of myself as a person who would never even consider a Mustang, but the new ones have come so far so quickly.

I never though I'd buy a Ford other than maybe an old Mustang. Then the 15s came out.

Couldn't quite believe it when I placed the order for one. It's been a blast and was amazing during the rally and was still comfortable after 2300 miles in 7 days.

These look great.

Hows the handling compared to the ST?

The ST was a small, light, and lithe little machine, the GT handles well but on a mountain pass the GT would get gaped me thinks.

Would be a shame to get rid of the ST ...
ST was traded in, going to miss it.

and.............???

impressions????

who makes a thread like this??

"hey guys, by the way, my supermodel gf was delivered last night......."

congrats. love the color

LOL! Well, I had just gotten home from a long day at work and blah blah....

So far I really like it. It's a very different car from the ST, much heavier and bigger of course. 1st thing I noticed was the hood, the ST's hood is about 18in long and sloped down, this thing is gargantuan compared to that. The power and its delivery is the next thing, the immediate torque is quite noticeable of course. So far just been back and forth to work so a more detailed write up will be in order down the road.

Congrats man! Sharp car for sure!

What's the mod plans for it if any?

Fuck, the wish list is already half a mile long. Ordered a car cover and windshield visor for now to protect it from the harsh AZ sun. Windows were already tinted. The wallet is empty for now so I have some time to contemplate the 1st mods.

Very nice! So its like a base 5.0 as possible with a manual? Thats awesome! Do you still have the ST? Surprised you didnt hold onto the ST until the RS's came out, or were you tired of them? Im really lookin forward to the RS's. AWD Turbo making 300's seems bad! Unless you wanted a RWD car or a Mustang over a Focus RS.

The ST is gone, I loved that car for how fun it was, always ready to play and never punished you for over doing things. I just knew I wanted an S500, this just suits me! Never considered the RS really, just doesn't appeal to me I guess.

Yeah. Was waiting for a GT350. Then saw the financing deal this week.... made me think of regular GTs. Spent the night searching thru dealer inventory around Central Ohio. 18 dealers, none had what I wanted.

Sad face

I got very lucky, this was the only car in the valley that had this exact car in stock. Next closest was identically optioned 2016 in Magnetic and thus the financing offer and rebate didn't apply. If you can swing a GT350 though, do it. I would if I could.

I did drive the Ecoboost. I liked the lighter weight, engine is really strong in the midrange, but engine sounds playing through the speakers = GAY. The 2.3 is a great engine, but it's not for me and couldn't see myself in anything but a V8, no regrets at all.

I did drive the Ecoboost. I liked the lighter weight, engine is really strong in the midrange, but engine sounds playing through the speakers = GAY. The 2.3 is a great engine, but it's not for me and couldn't see myself in anything but a V8, no regrets at all.

No doubt the 5.0 sounds great but don't they also pump the sounds in even for that one?

but engine sounds playing through the speakers = GAY.

They don't play through the speakers.

Skip to 8:50.. or watch the whole thing if you want

No doubt the 5.0 sounds great but don't they also pump the sounds in even for that one?

There is a "sound tube" branching off of the intake that pipes in just through the firewall. It's hardly noticeable unless you remove a couple foam filters out of it. I tried that on my car. It's gay and fake, but I think it sounds cool. /shrug