1952 Chevy - A family heirloom

Otis Nice

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the old trucks and wish I had the time to build one (OK and the skill).. Nice job and like the fact you and your dad are doing the job..

Assume the color is roman red?

My dad's 62 Impala (Bubbletop) is that color and it looks almost identical..

Love the old trucks and wish I had the time to build one (OK and the skill).. Nice job and like the fact you and your dad are doing the job..

Thanks. I also love that we're involved 100% on this project. Dad has done the vast majority of it. I've just helped and learned. He's also learned from others and taught himself a few new skills. Before this he'd never welded, done any body work, painted, etc.

Assume the color is roman red?

My dad's 62 Impala (Bubbletop) is that color and it looks almost identical..

Rally Red.

Getting closer and closer. Looks so good.

Thanks. So close now. We're all getting anxious.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas. Bed wood (:masturboy:) actually isn't even done yet. That's just the stain and only 2 coats of the finish we're using. It's gonna get 5 then smoothed out so it should look even better. I can't wait to see it all together. If all goes as planned this Friday/Saturday the truck will get "done".

A little over a week ago dad said, "I should be done in, oh, two weeks if all goes well." I asked him what his SN was on CR. He didn't get the reference. That's ok. I chuckled. :lol: "Two weeks." I've heard that one somewhere before.

I'm excited to see the bed come together and the running boards on.

Same. This truck has been in dads garage my entire life. Every step closer I get a little bit more excited. Been emotional too without granddad and papaw so we're looking forward to it being done.

Dad just stopped by my place while I was WFH. We talked it through and if all goes as planned the tires will get mounted and wheels put on monday, it'll get pulled back into the pole barn, and all the running boards, bed, and all the little odds and ends will start getting put on. Should be totally "done" by next friday or saturday.

...finally.

Looking awesome.

Will the new steel wheels be cream-colored like the skinnies in the picture further up thread?

Thanks.

No. They'll be black. The "cream colored" ones are actually white and look a little too "Santa Claus'd out". lol. Those were gonna get painted black if we used them.