What do you do in the Winter?

Grudes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Hilton Head in November? I go there alot in the summer.

I'm about to find out. Weather says upper 60's/70's. I usually go in the summer. Took my kids last spring break and it was still just a bit chilly, I'm hoping I can catch the tail end of warm fall weather there

Florida , working on equipment,home remodeling, working on the wagon, and waiting to see how Quad Runners do in the snow.

Quad runners are alot of fun in the snow. Especially when you tie a sled to the back and drag people around

I'm about to find out. Weather says upper 60's/70's. I usually go in the summer. Took my kids last spring break and it was still just a bit chilly, I'm hoping I can catch the tail end of warm fall weather there

Thats cool. When I was down there in August the Salty Dog Cafe was just getting an evening booze cruise going.

Winter? Pond hockey. Colder months also usually means NHL season is starting. While im a big football fan especially OSU FB fan, I'm a die hard CBJ fan and try to make as many games as my schedule will allow. Other than that just the usual.

:thumbup: Love the Jackets

Winter? Pond hockey. Colder months also usually means NHL season is starting. While im a big football fan especially OSU FB fan, I'm a die hard CBJ fan and try to make as many games as my schedule will allow. Other than that just the usual.

Where do you play pond hockey? I'd love to find an outdoor pickup game now and then.

Where do you play pond hockey? I'd love to find an outdoor pickup game now and then.

I play often at the Battelle Metro park since it's near my house.

There are always games going on at Blendon Woods normally, as long as the ice is frozen.

The metro parks normally post on Facebook when the ice skating ponds are open or you can call and ask yourself.

Loooong winter here in Wisconsin. I think I'm going to get into snowboarding this year. I drive the gtr all winter, I just need to get the blizzaks on. Gonna run a lot on the treadmill and bike on my trainer---need to drop about 10-15lbs. I'm pumped about traveling more. Headed to Ohio next week for the game with some buddies, then Hilton head in November, Hawaii in January.

I didn't know what winter was until I moved to Wisconsin. A regular day here is as cold as the coldest day when I lived in Breck. They had a radio warning last year about how if you were outside for 5 minutes exposed skin could literally freeze solid.

I'm never in great shape, but I spend much more time in the gym and have better dedication to diet and exercise in the winter when there are less distractions around. Then in the summer I get distracted and get fat exactly the opposite of most other people who want to look their best in the summer.

The track car broke most everything that was planned for preventative maintenance this winter already in the last few weeks...so there's not much really to do on it. I'll still spend an hour or two in the garage per week as weather permits. My brother and good friends are actually ramping up their track car builds so I'll probably spend good time in their garages.

Since we sold the house I don't have room for my iRacing rig anymore...sucks because that's a fantastic way to kill many many boring hours in the winter.

Wife and I aren't big fans of the snow / cold...don't do many outdoor activities at all in the winter.