College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Right or wrong ND is regarded as a P5 team, they are just "independent" (see ACC partnership). They played 9 P5 schools (same as Big12) and no FCS competition. They will have played the potential ACC champs, Pac 12 Champs, AAC champs (possibly both teams in the game) and the team that beat Oklahoma. Their strength of schedule is better than any of the Big 12 teams.

Undefeated Big 12 team > ND

ND > than 1 loss Big 12 team

Big 12 only has 4 bowl eligible teams, 5 if Texas can win 2 of their last 3.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg what an awesome morning to wake up to if ou love college football. I admit I couldn't stay up past 10 pm last night as I was exhausted. I fell asleep right around halftime of the Baylor game but was pleasantly surprised checking ESPN this morning. The Big 12 shit the bed, the Pac 12 is done (how awesome would it be if USC won the Pac 12 and did t get into the CFP). Sad to see LSU lose but such is life. I love how every week now the ranking are screwed. It's clear the committee has the top four schools at the top now. I don't think that is going to change unless OSU runs the B12.

In other news after next week the entire sec west will be bowl eligible and the east is only leaving out 3 teams. Strong year for SEC football. The b1g in the other hand is a mess for bowl eligible teams.

Omg what an awesome morning to wake up to if ou love college football. I admit I couldn't stay up past 10 pm last night as I was exhausted. I fell asleep right around halftime of the Baylor game but was pleasantly surprised checking ESPN this morning. The Big 12 shit the bed, the Pac 12 is done (how awesome would it be if USC won the Pac 12 and did t get into the CFP). Sad to see LSU lose but such is life. I love how every week now the ranking are screwed. It's clear the committee has the top four schools at the top now. I don't think that is going to change unless OSU runs the B12.

In other news after next week the entire sec west will be bowl eligible and the east is only leaving out 3 teams. Strong year for SEC football. The b1g in the other hand is a mess for bowl eligible teams.

LOL what are you smoking? The B1G is much better at the top this year than the SEC and it's not close, but sure, bowl eligible teams are what make a conference great I guess. We will still have 8, possibly 9 bowl eligible teams and will have 3 teams in the top 10 next week with 1 just outside. What about the SEC?

A few thoughts:

-I am liking my Notre Dame > B12 bet less now that Stanford lost. Though I still think the B12 ends up canceling itself out with cannibalism.

-Pac12's chance at playoff look effectively dead at this point.

-if Notre Dame gets in, that is sort of like 2 ACC teams getting in - which just seems kind of absurd

-speaking of the ACC, North Carolina looks pretty good.

-speaking of looking pretty good, I like Iowa's uniforms.

-I only watched the first half of the OU-Baylor game, but man it was very chippy. It seemed clear that those teams did not like each other. Baylor comes across as kind of thuggish. Easy for me to not like them.

-Oklahoma State is going to get clobbered by Oklahoma, and then B12 will be left in same situation again this year: it's best teams all have 1 loss.

- Indiana, those guys cannot seem to win a close one.

Baylor comes across as kind of thuggish. Easy for me to not like them.

They do. It all starts at the top with their punk, whiny bitch of a head coach Art Briles.

Also, you might enjoy this since you're so adamant about an undefeated B12 team not making it into the playoff...

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/booming-sooners-updated-college-football-playoff-predictions-week-11/

They're projecting 1-loss Oklahoma to possibly slide into the top 4 as soon as this week.