College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I right in thinking that, had not the fluke play where MSU beats Michigan on the last second punt block, Ohio State would have gone to the B1G championship game? MSU would have beaten us, but MSU would have had two losses in B1G play (Michigan and Nebraska), and we would have won the head-to-head against Michigan.

This makes me want to kill myself.

Someone posted on 11W that they read inside info that Beck is being fired, Zach Smith is resigning due to personal issues, and that Hinton is being forced into retirement.

The Beck one is the only one I could see being anywhere near 50% chance of happening. I think Hinton is least likely and Smith is totally unknown

Who knows what would have happened if that play didn't. It's impossible to predict because we may have never pulled our heads out of our ass.

Michigan State fans are seriously so butt hurt though it's hilarious. They legitimately believe they are a better team than Ohio State because they beat us in a monsoon which benefited them 100%. If we were to play MSU on a neutral field indoors this weekend we would handle them similarly to how Bama did. Their stupid fans can't get over the fact that their string of fortunate circumstances ran out and that they just weren't that good.

Yup, unfortunately, this will be another year of "What might have been?" just like '98 Ohio State. Ironically, that team also lost late to Michigan State, which ultimately kept them for playing for the National Championship.

And that's the really frustrating thing about CFB - a single loss can keep a clearly superior team from playing for the title. Does anyone really think '08 Oregon State was a better team than '08 USC? I doubt it, yet Oregon State kept USC from playing for the title that year. Happens way too often in CFB, and it's annoying. Can you imagine if the Carolina Panthers didn't get a chance to play in the playoffs because they just lost to the Atlanta Falcons? How dumb does that sound? Yet that's the system we have currently in CFB - a popularity contest determines who wins the title.

College football is set up for teams with fortunate circumstances. Michigan State this year is a great example. A good but not great team that lucked out with fortunate circumstances. Alabama is another team that comes to mind in the past. 2009 Colt McCoy gets hurt early in the NC game and Bama squeaks by in a game Texas would have most likely won. 2011 Alabama loses to LSU and doesn't even win their division let alone their conference and gets a second shot at LSU where no other team would get that opportunity. 2012 Alabama gets in because Ohio State is ineligible. Not taking anything away from those Alabama teams, they were great but they were also a product of fortunate circumstances that gave them the opportunity to prove they were the best. Something Ohio State didn't get a chance to do this year

It's to bad Michigan played Florida. Florida was garbage after Grier was suspended. Hell Tennessee is better then Florida. We could have went 4-0 vs B1G teams this year. I hope Arkansas throttles K St later. SEC west dominated every opponent is this year bowl games. Well except T A&M. Thanks assholes

Someone posted on 11W that they read inside info that Beck is being fired, Zach Smith is resigning due to personal issues, and that Hinton is being forced into retirement.

The Beck one is the only one I could see being anywhere near 50% chance of happening. I think Hinton is least likely and Smith is totally unknown

From what I can tell this started on Rivals with nevadabuck. He posted it a day or two before the Fiesta Bowl. He hasn't had much good info since Urban arrived so I'm not buying it until someone more credible says something. Or if it just happens.

Jive, pm me your PP address, bruh. Gots ta settle up.

You should deduct the price of Tilley's memorial tickets from what you owe Jive and send the money to Tilley