Handyman Needed

Dr. Pomade

I'm in search of a reputable handyman. There are a few odds and ends that are needed at my old house, like patching a couple of small holes and some relatively minor painting. I've used a few handymen in recent years, but they haven't proven to be the most reliable, so I'm in the market for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I figured I'd start here before expanding my search to Google or Angie's List or wherever else you find a handyman.

LOL. Only on Cr.

He's been around long enough, to each their own but it's almost like asking someone on here who could fill the air in my tires and change my air filter.

If hey they just don't have the desire cool but I wouldn't see wasting my money for what is very entry level work. Pretty sure he would have the knowledge to produce a decent drywall patch and we all learned how to paint in 1st grade

Not to mention I could have gone the extreme dick route and said this has been discussed multiple times already and said to just use the search feature

Do you just not have the time or desire? that's pretty simple stuff no real need for what I would call a "handyman" and a stupid amount of $$ per hour

Yeah, a little of both - I don't have the time, and I don't really have the desire. Admittedly, I feel a little silly posting up asking for someone to do those things. It's almost like I posted up, "Need someone to pick up my paper at the end of the driveway and maybe check my mail." However, I feel like everyone wins if I have someone else do it.

So, I totally understand where you're coming from. Yes, those things are pretty simple. I still would like someone else to do them.

Also, I'd like to find someone that I can use for other stuff in the future. So, while this stuff is simple, it will also help me gauge the worth of the handyman so that the might be used on future tasks, if that makes sense.

He's been around long enough, to each their own but it's almost like asking someone on here who could fill the air in my tires and change my air filter.

If hey they just don't have the desire cool but I wouldn't see wasting my money for what is very entry level work. Pretty sure he would have the knowledge to produce a decent drywall patch and we all learned how to paint in 1st grade

Not to mention I could have gone the extreme dick route and said this has been discussed multiple times already and said to just use the search feature ��

I appreciate you not going the extreme dick route with me. I honestly forget that we have the search feature. Point taken. Though, given that I'm so lazy as to not do simple patch work on some drywall, I'm likely too lazy to do a search as well... :)

I appreciate you not going the extreme dick route with me. I honestly forget that we have the search feature. Point taken. Though, given that I'm so lazy as to not do simple patch work on some drywall, I'm likely too lazy to do a search as well... :)

No worries and I'm sure there are people it there but for the quality of work you might be wanting in the future a lot of these guys don't take on small jobs like this because it is just simply not worth their time.

I have a contractor I used to do larger jobs in my house that I either didn't have time to do or the cost of the tools to complete such job just was not worth it for me to do myself. I can pass his information along to you if you would like though for future jobs that might come up for you

I have a contractor I used to do larger jobs in my house that I either didn't have time to do or the cost of the tools to complete such job just was not worth it for me to do myself. I can pass his information along to you if you would like though for future jobs that might come up for you

That guy is a fucking dick, don't use him.

I use the same guy for all my rentals, he's phenomenal. Don't negotiate with him though, he'll stab you (I'm actually not kidding). His prices are more than fair. He does everything from windows to siding to drywall to toilet clogs.

Juan- 614-746-5982

I use the same guy for all my rentals, he's phenomenal. Don't negotiate with him though, he'll stab you (I'm actually not kidding). His prices are more than fair. He does everything from windows to siding to drywall to toilet clogs.

Juan- 614-746-5982

Sounds like a winner.

Juan- 614-746-5982

Dick by he does things the way they should be done and doesn't do half ass repair work or cut corners thank yes your correct. He is old school and knows his shit. I will take that over a shady dude who will stab me anytime

Sounds like a winner.

Numerous people on CR have used him. He's Hispanic...probably won't actually stab you but the prices are good and he gets offended if you try to negotiate with him because he's already so cheap.

Dick by he does things the way they should be done and doesn't do half ass repair work or cut corners thank yes your correct. He is old school and knows his shit. I will take that over a shady dude who will stab me anytime

Apparently you've never seen Juan's work- he doesn't cut corners. Your guy does great work, I've seen it. My one interaction with him? He was a dick head and then never called me back. Not good business.

Thanks for all the input. I have what I need, so this thread can be closed.

Or keep it open and we can discuss the virtues of knife fighting as a negotiating tactic.

Since you're alive, I'm going to assume you didn't use Juan. :gabe: