Good friend in need of a job

2 Sweet

One of my best friends (known for 20+ years) is seeking a career change. Right now he is an independent contractor doing cable hookups and similar work for Time Warner, but after several turnovers in management is ready for something new. It's a pretty awful gig if you ask me, and he deserves something a lot better. He's a stand up guy, very responsible and hard working.

Before his current job he was a Sales Manager at Gordon Food Service for several years, and briefly worked as a front end manager at Dick's Sporting Goods. He is pretty much open to anything that offers a Monday thru Friday (day shift) type of schedule, or something along those lines. So basically no retail, simply because he is married and has a two-year-old daughter, and the time he spends with his family is very important to him.

He has applied at several various positions and hasn't even received a call for an interview yet, so I'm seeking the help of CR. I found a link on here for a job at Manheim Auctions and sent it his way. Does anyone else have any leads? If so, please let me know and I'll pass it on to him.

Thanks for reading :cool:

I just posted up a link for Expedient Tier 1/2 yesterday... Definitely an entry-level plus a little more sort of gig, but if he's only looking for 13/hr, and has at least some clue about IT, it could be worth looking into.

Feel free to have him call me and I'll share with him what we have available. We've taken the lab from 85 to 327 people in the last 6 years. Great people and excellent benefits with room for growth. Key is going to be he's responsible and hard working in terms of commitment. Good interpersonal skills as keeping a well oiled team for us is key. I'll have time to talk on Friday after 1pm. Will PM you.

Tim

I just posted up a link for Expedient Tier 1/2 yesterday... Definitely an entry-level plus a little more sort of gig, but if he's only looking for 13/hr, and has at least some clue about IT, it could be worth looking into.

I saw that, but he has exactly zero experience in IT and computer related fields, so I didn't think he would be qualified. I'm sure he's looking for more than $13/hr, that's just a number I threw out there as I'm sure he would consider a wage in that ballpark if the opportunity was a good fit.

What level of education does he have?

High school grad. He went to CSCC for a year or so, but was working 50-60 hours a week in GFS management by the time he was 20 years old, and never went back to school to pursue a degree.