2016 Snowmageddon... (what a pathetic winter we are having)

mrs.cos

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was headed back downtown from Canal on 33 and an Accord or something proceeded to do a 360 in the middle of the road. Luckily for me I watched it in my rear view. Not sure if they took anyone out in the process, but there were quite a few cars back there dodging it.

Watch out, freezing rain this morning. I pulled out of my garage and the rain instantly froze to my windshield

Someone who lives in Dublin said that to me this morning as well. Luckily Grove City didn't get that and downtown wasn't bad so it was an easy traffic day.

It took my 11 hours yesterday to drive to Nashville. That winter storm that blew through Kentucky and northern Tenneessee wrecked the interstate. I saw a target truck up in flames. Burnt the trailer to a crisp and another semi laying in the road completely on its passenger side caB and trailer.

Watch out, freezing rain this morning. I pulled out of my garage and the rain instantly froze to my windshield

Same happened to me this AM..I have never seen it freeze that quickly and that solid so fast. I literally had to pull over less than a mile from home and scrape the windshield and it froze again before the next mile... lucky for me by that time the defroster was taking care of some of the freeze and I was able to press though.

Looks like this may hit the east side Cbus folks, but my neck of the woods is going to take a beating tomorrow on the AM commute...

http://www.wkyc.com/weather/forecast-dee-tails-overnight-snow/43899796

short range models hinting at some decent snows tonight. However last time it gave me snow in this range i ended up with flurries...So i suppose this is a worst case type thing.

http://i.imgur.com/qGp8f6v.png

LOL 8-10 inches? What outlier is this? You are trolling...

Edit: I see you on accuweather forums. Little early to look at HRRRX.

I almost took out and old lady and her drivers door on the way in today. She stopped in the slow lane in the middle of traffic flow because her window was icing over. I was in the fast lane rolling at ~45 mph when she flat stopped in the slow lane, popped her door open and hopped out. I nearly clipped the wall trying to avoid her and her door but luckily I squeezed through. I think my mirror may have tapper her door though, LOL Dodge mirrors!

Amazingly enough, the RAP is showing something similar. RUC unfortunately seems to be broken.

RAP....

http://i.imgur.com/PdOdB3J.png

HRRRX had Franklin 6-10

RAP has Franklin 4-6 much closer to reality IMO

I bet we get more rain longer mixed in and we get 3 inches, we seem to always get more rain with these rain to snow systems. Sounds like this snow is gonna be a huge flake wet snow too.

All I know is, that shit, whatever we get is gonna sit there until Friday and Saturday when it's in the 50s. I'm not shoveling shit, it will all be gone by Saturday.

+1. I always laugh at my neighbors who slave over a few inches of snow just to have it all melt off a few days later anyways.